How long does it usually take to hear back from job applications

Watch this thread
paperclip90
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
A lot of people on my course have said they applied ages ago and still haven’t heard. Any advice for when I begin to apply? Some are saying it’s been over a month
bluebeetle
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by paperclip90)
A lot of people on my course have said they applied ages ago and still haven’t heard. Any advice for when I begin to apply? Some are saying it’s been over a month
I know that when my cohort was applying, most people heard back within about seven working days after the application deadline.

I suppose it will depend somewhat on the number of applications that the school has to review before selecting who to interview. I've heard that currently, some schools are receiving more applications for jobs than they usually would, and this will be particularly true if you teach a 'popular' subject, so this could contribute to a longer wait time.

I imagine that the current situation in general may also be causing longer waiting times, as senior staff are especially busy.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Not all schools get back to applicants (yes, I do think this is rude). If I'd been waiting over a month, I would assume I had been unsuccessful.
paperclip90
Rep:
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
Not all schools get back to applicants (yes, I do think this is rude). If I'd been waiting over a month, I would assume I had been unsuccessful.
Ah okay thank you
Mr M
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by paperclip90)
I wouldn't expect to hear back. Some schools get hundreds of applications for each position and can't reply to each one. If it is more than one week after the closing date, you can probably assume you haven't been shortlisted for interview.
paperclip90
Rep:
(Original post by Mr M)
I wouldn't expect to hear back. Some schools get hundreds of applications for each position and can't reply to each one. If it is more than one week after the closing date, you can probably assume you haven't been shortlisted for interview.
That’s a shame I really liked that job and worked hard on the app but thank you for letting me know!
Last edited by paperclip90; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (18)
31.03%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.93%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.45%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.9%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.07%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.72%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.72%

Watched Threads