Why would a friend change w out no reason?

Watch
Thafeery
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
If a friend you knwo and you used to hang out w changes what well be a reason for example a girl I know ar my school and i hang out w her but now she is changing alot I text her and say hi she says yh and does not talk back she only answers tmy Questions she doesn’t open a conversation w me , idk why she doing that even tho I did not do anything to her at the start of the lockdown we used to talk normally but now she is changing
Why ?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maybe she doesn't want to be friends anymore, is more focused on her own issues or family problems.
She might have changed her friends, attitude and priorities over lockdown.
Thafeery
Rep:
?
Idk but I have problems w her best friend we hang out together but she hates me so her best friend might have changed her or sm like dat
Reginald2004
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Thafeery)
If a friend you knwo and you used to hang out w changes what well be a reason for example a girl I know ar my school and i hang out w her but now she is changing alot I text her and say hi she says yh and does not talk back she only answers tmy Questions she doesn’t open a conversation w me , idk why she doing that even tho I did not do anything to her at the start of the lockdown we used to talk normally but now she is changing
Why ?
I've experienced similar with a girlfriend. Loved me one week then the week after she broke up with me and didn't want to know me anymore. I know now that there was a good reason for it but at the time it felt ****. It could be because somebody else in their life has taken up their attention, and maybe gained a better relationship. Or, although it's hard to accept sometimes, they may just have decided they don't really want to speak anymore. Also you should probably just make sure they are okay, people sometimes reply like that when something is bothering them or they don't feel good.
Thafeery
Rep:
?
Yeah exactly but she is refusing to talk to me she just does not want to talk to me maybe its as you said someone else took their attention maybe :/
tayyyphil
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Because she has found someone else.
Its sad but true. I had one friend at school who did this. We were friends for a few years and we were fine but then all of a sudden she made friends with a new girl who she preferred and the new girl just didn't like me for no reason even though I didn't do anything to her. My friend even invited me to her birthday party and I came over and brought presents and did nothing wrong but the new girl was there giving me weird looks. And my friend was fine towards me but the next day when we went to school she just completely ignored me. And then spent every day with her new friend.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (166)
4.89%
Uncertainty around my education (498)
14.68%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (379)
11.17%
Lack of purpose or motivation (473)
13.94%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (164)
4.83%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (208)
6.13%
Loneliness (288)
8.49%
Financial worries (122)
3.6%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (137)
4.04%
Exposure to negative news/social media (155)
4.57%
Lack of real life entertainment (186)
5.48%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (302)
8.9%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (315)
9.28%

Watched Threads