Itsalexx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I want to study law at uni and I’m thinking of picking these A-level subjects: Art,Maths,Law and Psychology. But I’m worried it’s not the best option, so should I consider dropping one for either English or History in order to get into good universities?
Johnny ~
Badges: 15
Report 1 month ago
They look fine - it's basically 3 respected A-levels and Art. Grades matter more.
Itsalexx
Rep:
?
Alright, thank you!
Bradgate1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
they sound perfect 3 strong academic and one creative. The perfect mix. The Art can be therapeutic when you have Maths,.Law and Psychology...them 3 are a good combination as you have 2 dealing with logic and Psychology is science based but will also help with dealing with many areas in Law..'expert psychological reports and just reading about human behaviour will be an asset to a law firm. stick with them
username5567480
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There are no specific A level subject requirements for Law degrees. You just need high grades, so it’s best to pick three subjects where you feel confident of being able to get a top grade. But many people find an 'essay subject' useful, however, it’s not essential for applications.
Last edited by username5567480; 1 month ago
Itsalexx
Rep:
?
Thank you everyone, I feel more confident picking the subjects!
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Good luck
TheRealMissD
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Itsalexx)
I want to study law at uni and I’m thinking of picking these A-level subjects: Art,Maths,Law and Psychology. But I’m worried it’s not the best option, so should I consider dropping one for either English or History in order to get into good universities?
I'm studying law mixed with something & i'm in my first year. i would say that Law and Psychology could not be anymore perfect. Have a look on the website of a uni you want to got to and look at the Ucas points; it'll help when picking subjects because you'll make sure to pick one you can enjoy as it will help when it comes to exams. If you find a subject boring then chances are that you won't be bothered to try your best x
Itsalexx
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheRealMissD)
I'm studying law mixed with something & i'm in my first year. i would say that Law and Psychology could not be anymore perfect. Have a look on the website of a uni you want to got to and look at the Ucas points; it'll help when picking subjects because you'll make sure to pick one you can enjoy as it will help when it comes to exams. If you find a subject boring then chances are that you won't be bothered to try your best x
Sorry I am not sure if you meant that I should consider picking something else instead of Psychology and law or you believe that they are perfect subjects?
1-800-WAIFU
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I wanted to study Law in Uni too! And I was advised to take mostly essay-based subjects. I took Psychology, Geography, English Literature & General Paper. I actually chose Physics but they said it doesn't 'fit'. Don't know if my reply would be helpful so just take whatever you're interested in so you won't get stress out.
TheRealMissD
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sorry I am not sure if you meant that I should consider picking something else instead of Psychology and law or you believe that they are perfect subject
There are perfect subjects, sorry i wasn't very clear x
Itsalexx
Rep:
?
Oh no problem, thank you so much!
Itsalexx
Rep:
?
Thank you, it’s very helpful!
Itsalexx
Rep:
?
(Original post by 1-800-WAIFU)
I wanted to study Law in Uni too! And I was advised to take mostly essay-based subjects. I took Psychology, Geography, English Literature & General Paper. I actually chose Physics but they said it doesn't 'fit'. Don't know if my reply would be helpful so just take whatever you're interested in so you won't get stress out.
Thank you, it’s very helpful!
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do what you will enjoy most, so get the best grades in. Only an essay subject (multiple not required) is recommended, so you have a virtually free choice.

My only concern would be with doing four, unrelated subjects.
Last edited by RogerOxon; 1 month ago
Itsalexx
Rep:
?
(Original post by RogerOxon)
Do what you will enjoy most, so get the best grades in. Only an essay subject (multiple not required) is recommended, so you have a virtually free choice.

My only concern would be with doing four, unrelated subjects.
Alright, thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (166)
4.89%
Uncertainty around my education (498)
14.68%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (379)
11.17%
Lack of purpose or motivation (473)
13.94%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (164)
4.83%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (208)
6.13%
Loneliness (288)
8.49%
Financial worries (122)
3.6%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (137)
4.04%
Exposure to negative news/social media (155)
4.57%
Lack of real life entertainment (186)
5.48%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (302)
8.9%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (315)
9.28%

Watched Threads