my bf keeps getting thoughts of me kissing my ex

Watch
victoriu
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Its not his fault but he has OCD and keeps having flashbacks of me kissing my ex and he cant sleep or eat cuz he is so hurt. Before anyone says anything he isn't toxic or anything I love him and I wanna help him that's all
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Can’t lie the best thing you can do is give him a free ‘hall pass’ to beat on tinder and he’ll come back good as new. Or trust me nothing will change till you inevitably break up and he beats someone new anyway.
victoriu
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Can’t lie the best thing you can do is give him a free ‘hall pass’ to beat on tinder and he’ll come back good as new. Or trust me nothing will change till you inevitably break up and he beats someone new anyway.
I love him bro i cant
Dunnig Kruger
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by victoriu)
Its not his fault but he has OCD and keeps having flashbacks of me kissing my ex and he cant sleep or eat cuz he is so hurt. Before anyone says anything he isn't toxic or anything I love him and I wanna help him that's all
You are learning that people with OCD tend to be extremely challenging people to live with.

Such people can be fine to have as friends. Even as a good friend.

As a person to live with, the challenge is very much there.

It's entirely up to you if you continue with this challenge. Or if you move on to having a boyfriend that isn't OCD.
One factor, if you want children, to bear in mind is; "What sort of father will he be?".
And would you really be happy to live with him for many years? Or would you feel sucked into and trapped by his OCD?

I can't think of anything you can say or do to get him off this kissing your ex obsession. In due time he should switch over to some other obsession. But he might at any time switch back to the kissing obsession. Because that's the way his brain works.
victoriu
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
You are learning that people with OCD tend to be extremely challenging people to live with.

Such people can be fine to have as friends. Even as a good friend.

As a person to live with, the challenge is very much there.

It's entirely up to you if you continue with this challenge. Or if you move on to having a boyfriend that isn't OCD.
One factor, if you want children, to bear in mind is; "What sort of father will he be?".
And would you really be happy to live with him for many years? Or would you feel sucked into and trapped by his OCD?

I can't think of anything you can say or do to get him off this kissing your ex obsession. In due time he should switch over to some other obsession. But he might at any time switch back to the kissing obsession. Because that's the way his brain works.
I have had Obessive thoughts before and I am trying to help him
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have had Obessive thoughts before and I am trying to help him
Occasional obsessive thoughts are different than OCD. You cant 'cure it', if thats what you seem to be trying to do, ditto Dunnig.
nikkiblonsky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Has he talked to anyone about his thoughts? Is he getting help for his OCD? Or any medication?
victoriu
Rep:
?
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
Occasional obsessive thoughts are different than OCD. You cant 'cure it', if thats what you seem to be trying to do, ditto Dunnig.
true
JaseyB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does your boyfriend know your ex ?
victoriu
Rep:
?
(Original post by JaseyB)
Does your boyfriend know your ex ?
yh they use to be friends
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
WTF no, definitely not.
Op is your boyfriend getting treatment for his OCD?
victoriu
Rep:
?
(Original post by ROTL94)
WTF no, definitely not.
Op is your boyfriend getting treatment for his OCD?
fr he ain't getting no free pass lol, but he hasn't got any treatment yet
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
fr he ain't getting no free pass lol, but he hasn't got any treatment yet
You should encourage him to seek it, because until he does this will inch closer and closer toward destroying him.
victoriu
Rep:
?
(Original post by ROTL94)
You should encourage him to seek it, because until he does this will inch closer and closer toward destroying him.
true I want him to feel better cuz he has OCD over anything but its tough now to get help cuz of lockdown
mason.taylor.16
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Tell him you don’t do that, if he doesn’t believe you then that’s all on him
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (59)
4.57%
Uncertainty around my education (199)
15.43%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (143)
11.09%
Lack of purpose or motivation (183)
14.19%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (58)
4.5%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (72)
5.58%
Loneliness (114)
8.84%
Financial worries (45)
3.49%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (59)
4.57%
Exposure to negative news/social media (59)
4.57%
Lack of real life entertainment (68)
5.27%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (113)
8.76%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (118)
9.15%

Watched Threads