Cherrygrape1234
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hi
I’m not sure if the google translate version is accurate but how would you say
‘ also I do not want my teeth to have any cavities from eating sweets’.

Thank you!
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
Además, no quiero que me salgan caries por comer caramelos.
Cherrygrape1234
Rep:
(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
Además, no quiero que me salgan caries por comer caramelos.
Thanks
How would u say ‘that would be horrible’ (context: cavities would be horrible)
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Cherrygrape1234)
Thanks
How would u say ‘that would be horrible’ (context: cavities would be horrible)
Eso sería horrible. If you want to mention cavities then it’d be “las caries serían horribles”
Last edited by Plantagenet Crown; 10 months ago
Cherrygrape1234
Rep:
Eso sería horrible. If you want to mention cavities then it’d be “las caries serían horribles”
Thank you!
Would it work if you say que instead of eso? It’s just that we haven’t learnt eso yet

Edit: could you pls help me with these phrases too:
1) I would hate
2)is to help me relax ‘para ayudarme a relajarme’?
Last edited by Cherrygrape1234; 10 months ago
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Thank you!
Would it work if you say que instead of eso? It’s just that we haven’t learnt eso yet

Edit: could you pls help me with these phrases too:
1) I would hate
2)is to help me relax ‘para ayudarme a relajarme’?
“Que sería horrible” cannot be used on its own like that, wouldn’t make grammatical sense. It would have to be integrated into a sentence such as “no quiero que me salgan caries por comer caramelos, sería horrible”. Tbh the sentence would sound better by inserting an “eso” which literally just means “that”. Couldn’t you say you looked it up or something?

1) I would hate = Odiaría

2) You’ve included 2 reflexive pronouns on the end of the verbs when only 1 is needed. So it could either be:

para ayudarme a relajar

or

para ayudar a relajarme
Last edited by Plantagenet Crown; 10 months ago
Cherrygrape1234
Rep:
“Que sería horrible” cannot be used on its own like that, wouldn’t make grammatical sense. It would have to be integrated into a sentence such as “no quiero que me salgan caries por comer caramelos, sería horrible”. Tbh the sentence would sound better by inserting an “eso” which literally just means “that”. Couldn’t you say you looked it up or something?

1) I would hate = Odiaría

2) You’ve included 2 reflexive pronouns on the end of the verbs when only 1 is needed. So it could either be:

para ayudarme a relajar

or

para ayudar a relajarme
Thanks again- ok I will just say I searched it up. It’s just that he’s really strict about people using google translate because he says it not always correct.

Are you Spanish?
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Thanks again- ok I will just say I searched it up. It’s just that he’s really strict about people using google translate because he says it not always correct.
It would be ridiculous if he were like that about someone wanting to know how to say ''that''. I'm also surprised he hasn't taught you that as it's a pretty basic word that's needed a lot in writing and speech...

Are you Spanish?
Yep.
Cherrygrape1234
Rep:
It would be ridiculous if he were like that about someone wanting to know how to say ''that''. I'm also surprised he hasn't taught you that as it's a pretty basic word that's needed a lot in writing and speech...

Yep.
I’m not really sure either :confused:
I think it more like if it obvs a whole phrase has been put into google translate because google translate doesn’t translate into Spanish with the right context ygm?
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
I’m not really sure either :confused:
I think it more like if it obvs a whole phrase has been put into google translate because google translate doesn’t translate into Spanish with the right context ygm?
Yeah I get that but he should definitely be teaching you guys little connector words such as "that"!
Hallouminatus
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Thank you!
If you want to avoid language you haven't yet been taught, you may want to rephrase the previous sentence to avoid using the subjunctive "salgan", which would probably be taught much later than "eso". You could say, for example "No quiero tener caries dentales por comer caramelos."
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (58)
12.55%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.73%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (122)
26.41%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (43)
9.31%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (216)
46.75%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
3.25%

Watched Threads