Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
What is the average top 8 scores accepted students get to enter oxford or Cambridge to study economics
SchmuckOff
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
What is the average top 8 scores accepted students get to enter oxford or Cambridge to study economics
I've seen people with all Grade 9's and 4 A*'s predicted get rejected.
So there is no 'average'
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by SchmuckOff)
I've seen people with all Grade 9's and 4 A*'s predicted get rejected.
So there is no 'average'
you shmuck I am asking what the average was for the people that got accepted and also Should I do NCS
SchmuckOff
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
you shmuck I am asking what the average was for the people that got accepted and also Should I do NCS
Average ? Probably straight 9's

NCS is useless imo
jemima0103
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Make sure you have a strong personal statement because every candidate is going to have the top grades
liverninthered
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
I do not know about Cambridge, but the figures for Oxford's economic courses (E&M and PPE) are available here:

https://www.merton.ox.ac.uk/sites/de...ack%202020.pdf

https://www.merton.ox.ac.uk/sites/de...ary%202021.pdf

In summary, most applicants have 8-10 grades at 8/9/A*. Remember that this is the average, not minimum, and that they measure your GCSE results compared to other people from similar schools. Being below the average should not put you off.

NCS makes no difference to university applications.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (21)
8.61%
Okay (72)
29.51%
A bit lacking (91)
37.3%
Not good at all (60)
24.59%

Watched Threads