The Student Room Group

Lateral Flow Test

Are they compulsory. If i do not do it will I not be able to go to school
Thank you
You’d have to ask your school
But also there’s no reason to refuse so just do it
In my school they're not compulsory, but it's kind of expected to get one. It's up to you, but don't feel pressured into having them if you really don't want to.
Why would you refuse. If you know you have covid you can protect others, seems like such an easy way to play your part.
Depends on your schools policy, I'm not doing it and am allowed in. Make your own choice, if you don't want it don't get it as it's an option, not a mandate.

There are reasons to refuse, the tests are inaccurate (false negatives and false positives) and multiple peer reviews have shown that- Birmingham, Liverpool, Scottish unis and accuracy decreases with training e.g. a healthcare professional sample had much more accuracy than students. You don't "have" covid if asymptomatic, you're just carrying it. "Having" it is actually being ill, in which case any sensible person would stay at home.

However I'm biased as I disagree with testing and realistically there's no harm in doing it but please know you are allowed to refuse and no-one should be questioning your refusal.
Hi there, it was quick and easy to do....
(edited 3 years ago)
Let me know how it goes if you decide to get them 🙃
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest