The Student Room Group

Please i need help can someone answer these questions for me.

Read again source A, from lines 1 to 7. Choose four statements below which are TRUE. Shade the boxes of the ones that you think are true Choose a maximum of four statements. a) Young s biggest prison sentence was 17 years. [ F ] b) He spent six months in a single cell. [ T ] c) He has committed over 40 burglaries. [ F ] d) Young has not been in prison since he was 40. [ T ] e) He decided he wanted to help young offenders after he watched a TV programme about a man who did something similar. [ T ] f) Young s life in prison was completely wasted [ F ] g) Many young people see criminal life as exciting. [ T ] [4 marks] Q2 [AO1]. You need to refer to source A and source B for this question: Use details from both sources. Write a summary of the causes of criminality in the two different texts. [8 marks] Q3 [AO2]. You now need to refer only to source B. How does the writer use language to explain the conditions in the ragged school? [12 marks] Q4 [AO3]. For this question, you need to refer to the whole of source A together with the whole of source B. Compare how each source conveys the writer s ideas about education as a means steering young people away from crime. In your answer, you should: compare the different ideas compare the methods used to convey the ideas support your ideas with quotations from both texts. [16 marks]
Reply 1
Original post by LEE2005
Read again source A, from lines 1 to 7. Choose four statements below which are TRUE. Shade the boxes of the ones that you think are true Choose a maximum of four statements. a) Young s biggest prison sentence was 17 years. [ F ] b) He spent six months in a single cell. [ T ] c) He has committed over 40 burglaries. [ F ] d) Young has not been in prison since he was 40. [ T ] e) He decided he wanted to help young offenders after he watched a TV programme about a man who did something similar. [ T ] f) Young s life in prison was completely wasted [ F ] g) Many young people see criminal life as exciting. [ T ] [4 marks] Q2 [AO1]. You need to refer to source A and source B for this question: Use details from both sources. Write a summary of the causes of criminality in the two different texts. [8 marks] Q3 [AO2]. You now need to refer only to source B. How does the writer use language to explain the conditions in the ragged school? [12 marks] Q4 [AO3]. For this question, you need to refer to the whole of source A together with the whole of source B. Compare how each source conveys the writer s ideas about education as a means steering young people away from crime. In your answer, you should: compare the different ideas compare the methods used to convey the ideas support your ideas with quotations from both texts. [16 marks]

These are the sources
Q1, options: B,C,D,G
I'm presuming this is for year 11 english right ??
Reply 3
Original post by Layla_21
Q1, options: B,C,D,G
I'm presuming this is for year 11 english right ??

Yes
That is kinda true... it was like a scavanger hunt...
Have u acc tried any questions or are you just being lazy and want us to do it for you??
Reply 6
Sorry I didn’t realise it would come out like this as it’s my first time using this app and posting something. But I’ve attached the questions below in the word document if that helps. Once again I’m very sorry.
Reply 7
Original post by ilikechickenlol
Have u acc tried any questions or are you just being lazy and want us to do it for you??

I’ve tried q3 as that is a language question but I still need help finishing it off along with the other questions. I’ve been trying to do it for more than an hour but am finding it difficult as paper 2 is the one I quite struggle with.

Quick Reply

Latest