I turning my life around

Watch
not/so/studious
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I'm 16 years old and I was supposed to write my GCSEs this year. This is not really aimed at anyone, but it's an attempt to get me to motivated. Here's the thing, I love learning. I was studying for my mocks one day and I realised that knowledge made me happy. But I hated exams and due to the lockdown, I feel as if I go back to school now, I'd probably fail all my exams. So this is my last chance. One last chance to turn my life around. I started this account so I can document how my grades and the way I view myself improve. So watch this space.

Edit **** I just saw that the title is wrong. It's supposed to be "I'm turning my lifer around" oops
Last edited by not/so/studious; 2 weeks ago
not/so/studious
Rep:
?
Just in case, anyone was wondering, or incase I needed this as motivation, I am predicted all 8s, but I doubt, if I continue in this manner, whether I would pass all my subjects. For my December mocks, I was really motivated and this is what I got.
Maths - 7
English Language - 8
English Literature - 9
Biology - 9
Chemistry - 9
Physics - 9
Business - 9
Geography - 9
Religious Education - 8
Hospitality and Catering - 4

I knoww, I messed up on Hospitality. I did ok in the theory, but for the practical my dish fell apart and the teacher had to continue for me, so the grade was justified.
not/so/studious
Rep:
?
So I just found out I had science paper 1 exams in 17 days, and it has been months since I even looked at that. I'm so stressed now, and I really need to start revising. I'm planning on doing 2 hours each on one subject every day, but I don't know how long that will last. I need to start getting out of bed before 9 ahhhhh i'm so stressed
not/so/studious
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So I had my bio exam yesterday and my maths exam on monday. I was supposed to have chem today and business and physics on friday but now I'm isolating. I really wanted these exams out of the way because after Easter we were supposed to have paper 2 content. Every time I need to say at home, I get so demotivated. I've done nothing so far, just watched holby city.
not/so/studious
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
soooo, today was a bit of a terrible day. I just binge ate crisps and watched so many movies. On the plus side I did manage to get C7 notes all completed, which was about 12 pages of work, but it should have taken me 5 hours max, but it took me 12. Im just not motivated enough. I'm really tired, so I might watch an episode of a show and get to bed. Tomorrow I have made a list of stuff to do so hopefully I finish that
StarshineDiamond
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
hey, good luck with revision. you can do it! :shakehand:
not/so/studious
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by StarshineDiamond)
hey, good luck with revision. you can do it! :shakehand:
thank youu, but as a family, we celebrate Easter, so I've done absolutely nothing for the past week. I don't think it's registered that my exams are in 1 week
StarshineDiamond
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by not/so/studious)
thank youu, but as a family, we celebrate Easter, so I've done absolutely nothing for the past week. I don't think it's registered that my exams are in 1 week
It's alright, start with subjects you find hardest and are the most content heavy. I'm not the best at planning but I think having a general view of what you get done by when can help. Idk what subjects you want to do for a level but focus on those and your core subjects! Good luck x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (60)
18.99%
Virtual accommodation tour (44)
13.92%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (16)
5.06%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.95%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.48%
Taster lectures or seminars (70)
22.15%
Speak to current students studying my course (68)
21.52%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
4.11%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.8%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.53%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (5)
1.58%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.9%

Watched Threads