anom.econ
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi there. Has anyone applied to a national grid apprenticeship, any of them. It would just be nice to hear how the application is going for you and to help each other out with it all
NoEsInGeography
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by anom.econ)
Hi there. Has anyone applied to a national grid apprenticeship, any of them. It would just be nice to hear how the application is going for you and to help each other out with it all
Hi.
I applied to the advanced gas apprenticeship. I did my online assessments in December, got told i passed the assessments like a month ago now and just waiting for a response whether I have been successful to get through to the assessment centre. What about you, how are you doing?
anom.econ
Rep:
?
(Original post by NoEsInGeography)
Hi.
I applied to the advanced gas apprenticeship. I did my online assessments in December, got told i passed the assessments like a month ago now and just waiting for a response whether I have been successful to get through to the assessment centre. What about you, how are you doing?
Oo nice and good luck!
I applied for project support about a month ago and have done the online interview. I'm waiting to hear about the assessment centre like you are. Do you have any idea when we'll find out about it and when the AC will be?
NoEsInGeography
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oo nice and good luck!
I applied for project support about a month ago and have done the online interview. I'm waiting to hear about the assessment centre like you are. Do you have any idea when we'll find out about it and when the AC will be?
Good luck to you too,
well the application date closes in 10 days so anytime after that I suppose. I did get an email from them updating me saying that it could be the end of April until we find out, I hope not but it is what it is. I assume that the assessment centre wont be long after we find out though. I read that the degree apprenticeships were doing their assessment centre on teams which will be interesting if we get to do it. Have they emailed you to let you know if you passed the online assessments?
anom.econ
Rep:
?
Good luck to you too,
well the application date closes in 10 days so anytime after that I suppose. I did get an email from them updating me saying that it could be the end of April until we find out, I hope not but it is what it is. I assume that the assessment centre wont be long after we find out though. I read that the degree apprenticeships were doing their assessment centre on teams which will be interesting if we get to do it. Have they emailed you to let you know if you passed the online assessments?
I haven’t heard anything back after the video interview. You applied earlier so it seems like they’ve emailed you more. Hopefully we don’t have to wait too long to hear more.
NoEsInGeography
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I haven’t heard anything back after the video interview. You applied earlier so it seems like they’ve emailed you more. Hopefully we don’t have to wait too long to hear more.
I cant imagine it being too much longer really. Once we find out it will probably move fairly quickly into the assessment centre and then to finding out. As there will be a lot to do if we are successful
anom.econ
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I cant imagine it being too much longer really. Once we find out it will probably move fairly quickly into the assessment centre and then to finding out. As there will be a lot to do if we are successful
have you heard anything yet?
NoEsInGeography
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
have you heard anything yet?
No still nothing yet, you? I am hoping that no news is good news. I imagine that it will now be mid April when we find out, If you think the 15th was the closing date then you have to wait like a wait to see if you get through the paper sift, after that you have 10 days to complete so that is roughly mid April.
anom.econ
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
No still nothing yet, you? I am hoping that no news is good news. I imagine that it will now be mid April when we find out, If you think the 15th was the closing date then you have to wait like a wait to see if you get through the paper sift, after that you have 10 days to complete so that is roughly mid April.
no i haven’t heard anything. hopefully next month
CFC24
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Can i ask what was involved in the online interview? I've been briefed about it via email but still no insight into what it will be like! any help will be appreciated, thanks!
NoEsInGeography
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by CFC24)
Can i ask what was involved in the online interview? I've been briefed about it via email but still no insight into what it will be like! any help will be appreciated, thanks!
I am doing the gas engineer role just so you know, but they asked me the following competency questions:
(1) name a time it was easier to ignore something but you didn’t (something like that).
(2) name a time you had to follow rules.
(3) describe a time you had to learn a new skill.
These could be different for you as we are applying for a different role. You get 3 minutes to answer them and you get 3 tries.
Hope this helps, if you need any other help feel free to ask.
CFC24
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I am doing the gas engineer role just so you know, but they asked me the following competency questions:
(1) name a time it was easier to ignore something but you didn’t (something like that).
(2) name a time you had to follow rules.
(3) describe a time you had to learn a new skill.
These could be different for you as we are applying for a different role. You get 3 minutes to answer them and you get 3 tries.
Hope this helps, if you need any other help feel free to ask.
thanks for the reply mate it's my mistake maybe I wasn't clear but I was meant to ask if anyone had advice on the Virtual Assessment Centre, i've already completer the stage you were referring to and have my online virtual assessment coming up next week so was hoping for some insight to how others' assessment went, thanks though for your help
NoEsInGeography
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by CFC24)
thanks for the reply mate it's my mistake maybe I wasn't clear but I was meant to ask if anyone had advice on the Virtual Assessment Centre, i've already completer the stage you were referring to and have my online virtual assessment coming up next week so was hoping for some insight to how others' assessment went, thanks though for your help
Which role have you applied for by the way? I haven't found out yet if I have got through to the assessment centre. The last email I received was saying I passed the online assessment and they will inform me before the end of April
CFC24
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Which role have you applied for by the way? I haven't found out yet if I have got through to the assessment centre. The last email I received was saying I passed the online assessment and they will inform me before the end of April
I applied for the Advanced Apprenticeship, found out monday i'd gone through to the virtual assessment and if successful from there i'll be invited to actual assessment centre for the last stage! fingers crossed. they're inviting people to assessment centre mid-end april so i should presume you'll be hearing from them very soon
NoEsInGeography
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by CFC24)
I applied for the Advanced Apprenticeship, found out monday i'd gone through to the virtual assessment and if successful from there i'll be invited to actual assessment centre for the last stage! fingers crossed. they're inviting people to assessment centre mid-end april so i should presume you'll be hearing from them very soon
Which role was it? I applied for the advanced apprenticeship for the gas role. Interesting to know what will happen at the 1st assessment centre and then the 2nd.
anom.econ
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I got an email last week saying I have passed the online assessments and now are deciding which applicants will go to the assessment centre. No indication on a date. They just said as soon as possible. So more waiting.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (80)
42.78%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (32)
17.11%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (72)
38.5%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (3)
1.6%

Watched Threads