CarsonC
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi,

I am a student doing my a level this year and I am planning to take a gap year off next year before I start Uni.

I just have some questions regarding student loans and accommodations like when should I apply for them since I am deferring a year. Should I start applying now? Or should I wait till next year, around February time?

Thank You
Le Beb
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
You can apply for student finance next year - the year you'll be going to uni. I deferred entry last year and that's what I did
sophbrand31
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I deferred my place last year so I’m finally gonna be starting this September. You’ll need to apply for your student finance and accommodation next year! Keep an eye on your unis website after September as it should say when your accommodation applications open up (mine opened up in December) & then student finance applications should open up in March (just like this year).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
14.38%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.48%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
4.79%
I need help with my personal statement (61)
41.78%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (36)
24.66%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.05%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
6.85%

Watched Threads