Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Spam me with your braces life hacks as I get braces in a couple of days tehe 🙃
VeritySleeps
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Take some ibuprofen before each appointment and have some soft foods like soup etc ready for after. Follow the rules and clean them well. It doesn't hurt to check in the mirror that they're clean after each meal. Wear your retainer!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by VeritySleeps)
Take some ibuprofen before each appointment and have some soft foods like soup etc ready for after. Follow the rules and clean them well. It doesn't hurt to check in the mirror that they're clean after each meal. Wear your retainer!
Ty 😊. Does it hurt to have them put on?
mkim123
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It hurts the most the first time... and when you get it tightened. I got used to it, after a while it doesn't hurt much, but that might be coz i have a higher pain tolerance.
Spencer5567
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
make sure you use the wax stuff that you get given, the wires can get very sharp and dig into your gum. and getting them on isnt painful its tightening them and sleeping with them can be kina painful imo, and make sure you stick to soft food.
VeritySleeps
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Ty 😊. Does it hurt to have them put on?
No, the glue tastes a bit funny but putting them on shouldn't hurt unless you need a tooth removed etc. Once they're on or they get tightened, you might have a bit of achey-ness/soreness
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Spam me with your braces life hacks as I get braces in a couple of days tehe 🙃
If you like gum, after a few weeks, definitely try chewing it, and test whether it gets stuck. Because I'm telling you, it doesn't. I have braces, and spent a whole year rejecting offers on gum, simply because of my braces, until I tested whether or not it gets stuck: it doesn't. Unfortunately, eclairs and other toffees do . I still ate the eclairs (I love them ), but unless you're careful it could get stuck. I haven't had any problems with my braces though - they're clean and haven't broken.
Anonymous #1
So so far I’ve got:
1. Take ibuprofen
2. Soft foods
3. Follow the rules
4. Wear your retainer when you finish with braces
5. Use wax
6. Glue may taste weird
7. Test gum
If you like gum, after a few weeks, definitely try chewing it, and test whether it gets stuck. Because I'm telling you, it doesn't. I have braces, and spent a whole year rejecting offers on gum, simply because of my braces, until I tested whether or not it gets stuck: it doesn't. Unfortunately, eclairs and other toffees do . I still ate the eclairs (I love them ), but unless you're careful it could get stuck. I haven't had any problems with my braces though - they're clean and haven't broken.
No, the glue tastes a bit funny but putting them on shouldn't hurt unless you need a tooth removed etc. Once they're on or they get tightened, you might have a bit of achey-ness/soreness
(Original post by Spencer5567)
make sure you use the wax stuff that you get given, the wires can get very sharp and dig into your gum. and getting them on isnt painful its tightening them and sleeping with them can be kina painful imo, and make sure you stick to soft food.
(Original post by mkim123)
It hurts the most the first time... and when you get it tightened. I got used to it, after a while it doesn't hurt much, but that might be coz i have a higher pain tolerance.
user51446
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
take before / progress pics !
Anonymous #1
(Original post by tabby470)
Ty 😉
something_orphic
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't choose colours like green or yellow. Obviously you can if you want but i found that w the green (i didnt ever choose yellow as i had already been told that it makes ur teeth appear yellow) people were always asking me if i had stuff stuck in my teeth . I have heard that clear/white gets stained easily with food and turns yellow. All of the other colours are great though.
nm12345
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by something_orphic)
Don't choose colours like green or yellow. Obviously you can if you want but i found that w the green (i didnt ever choose yellow as i had already been told that it makes ur teeth appear yellow) people were always asking me if i had stuff stuck in my teeth . I have heard that clear/white gets stained easily with food and turns yellow. All of the other colours are great though.
adding on to this, I'd recommend getting black, it makes your teeth look wayyyyy whiter in comparison
Chopinnocturne31
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This one might be unpopular but actually brush your teeth after every meal - staining after having braces is very common and will look something like this
Spoiler:
Show

Also follow everything your orthodontist says and don’t skip anything out because it will hinder your progress and take longer to get them out! I had lots of friends who didn’t wear their elastic bands for example, and it took a lot longer for them to finish treatment.
alevel20203
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Even though it will kill, try to brush the middle teeth and the top and bottom, I tried to but it was painful and now have tartar
Anonymous #1
(Original post by alevel20203)
Even though it will kill, try to brush the middle teeth and the top and bottom, I tried to but it was painful and now have tartar
Under the bracket?
alevel20203
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Under the bracket?
No i mean on the inside of your teeth, around the gum line gathers loads of plaque which you need to brush
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don’t eat whole apples, nightmare to deal with. Mostly they are just a nuisance.
something_orphic
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mnot)
Don’t eat whole apples, nightmare to deal with. Mostly they are just a nuisance.
Or those Rice cake things. I once ate some rice cakes and they made my bracket come off.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by mnot)
(Original post by alevel20203)
No i mean on the inside of your teeth, around the gum line gathers loads of plaque which you need to brush
(Original post by Chopinnocturne31)
This one might be unpopular but actually brush your teeth after every meal - staining after having braces is very common and will look something like this
Spoiler:
Show

Also follow everything your orthodontist says and don’t skip anything out because it will hinder your progress and take longer to get them out! I had lots of friends who didn’t wear their elastic bands for example, and it took a lot longer for them to finish treatment.
(Original post by nm12345)
adding on to this, I'd recommend getting black, it makes your teeth look wayyyyy whiter in comparison
What colours do you think?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by mkim123)
(Original post by Spencer5567)
(Original post by tabby470)
What colours do you think?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (147)
4.89%
Uncertainty around my education (443)
14.73%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (338)
11.24%
Lack of purpose or motivation (419)
13.93%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (140)
4.66%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (181)
6.02%
Loneliness (258)
8.58%
Financial worries (109)
3.62%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (123)
4.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (136)
4.52%
Lack of real life entertainment (163)
5.42%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (266)
8.85%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (284)
9.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed