meli77
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
guys what is a provisional driving license? Do I need it in order to apply for a full driving license when I am 17? I am UK based.
RemDoggydog
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by meli77)
guys what is a provisional driving license? Do I need it in order to apply for a full driving license when I am 17? I am UK based.
A provisional is what you get when you turn 17 as you Haven't passed your test. You'll need to apply for you provisional before you begin to drive. I'm pretty sure you can get it when your 16 ready for you when your 17
meli77
Rep:
?
is it theory based? like theoretical stuff you have to know for driving?
RemDoggydog
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
is it theory based? like theoretical stuff you have to know for driving?
No you don't have to do anything for the provisional you just apply on the gov website. You don't do any test until you've started to learn. So like you'll do a theory test once a you've had lessons and then once you've passed that you'll do you proper test.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Nothing. Apply directly on the gov website and then wait. Once you have had a certain number of proper lessons then you can take your theory and practical driving test. My advice is to find a really good driving instructor, try searching on Facebook or the Internet. Or ask around for a few different personal name recommendations etc.
Also try to borrow some useful teaching resources from your local library or bookshop. There even are several helpful and rather handy iPhone revision apps that can aim to assist you in your preparation efforts for the real thing as well. Make full use of them. I also really recommend taking short brief notes in addition in case. You can use plain flashcards to help you to correctly remember the important rules of the road and so on. Watch a few different old videos of driving tests on YouTube and then try to see if you can spot the hidden dangers promptly.
Be sure that you manage to find a qualified smart driving tutor however, check out some reviews before making a decision about driving lessons. When driving focus on the road. Good luck to you.
meli77
Rep:
?
After applying, I should wait for what?
Joshkav
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
After applying, I should wait for what?
Wait for your provisional licence to arrive in the post to you. Once you have that, then you can learn to drive with an instructor and do your theory test and practical test. Once you've done them and passed both, you can get your full licence.
meli77
Rep:
?
Ohhh thank you so much for your replies. So much clearer now!
hbjfhsdfj1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
you can only do your theory test once you have the provisional, some people like to take lessons then their theory test but i done my theory test then started lessons if that makes sense
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.54%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
15.08%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
17.86%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (36)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (67)
26.59%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.65%

Watched Threads