Dating sites are a waste of time

Watch
RealLifeJoker
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Dating sites are a waste of for men if you’re not a middle class White dude then dating sites aren’t for you.
Last edited by RealLifeJoker; 1 month ago
-Eirlys-
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by RealLifeJoker)
If you’re not a middle class White dude then dating sites aren’t for you.
I thought you'd say if you're not a woman, they're not for you.

Why do you think this?
Alchamycam
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by -Eirlys-)

Why do you think this?
No dating sites are a waste of money you don't know who you are talking to or even if they are a real person I should know there probably a robot pretending to be a real person they bombarded you with messages and pretend they like you, but all the time they just after your money or just want quick shag don't be fooled by dating sites there's probably nice and mature girls and guys around college campus
RealLifeJoker
Rep:
?
(Original post by -Eirlys-)

Why do you think this?
Women never struggle on dating sites because the men are the contestants and women are the judges
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Dating sites are a waste of for men if you’re not a middle class White dude then dating sites aren’t for you.
Change the record.

If everybody you come across in life doesn't like you, maybe it's time to stop blaming them and instead look at the common denominator...
Adz2042
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Dating apps have specific audiences depending on the ones you use.
Tinder is mostly for hookups, whereas Bumble lets the women message first (within 24hrs after matching).
Some charge you to message multiple users (Badoo, Match, OKCupid, EHarmony) but all have a free option too.
Others like Hinge are for people who actively want a relationship.

Given the pandemic has put a halt on folk meeting up in cafes and restaurants, visitor attractions to beaches for dates, the next best thing is to use a dating app to connect and chat to people to find 'the one for you'.

So I wouldn't call it a waste of time. It's more for passing the time to still have a social interaction with someone during this pandemic.
As always, be careful who you chat to, as you don't want to fall for someone who could be a 'Catfish' (watch the TV show if you have no idea what I'm on about).
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They've been alright so far. You should use the ones that verify photos and where you have to pay, that way people are more serious. I only started using it earlier this week and most people are looking for something serious with a view to marriage.
RealLifeJoker
Rep:
?
(Original post by Adz2042)
Dating apps have specific audiences depending on the ones you use.
Tinder is mostly for hookups, whereas Bumble lets the women message first (within 24hrs after matching).
Some charge you to message multiple users (Badoo, Match, OKCupid, EHarmony) but all have a free option too.
Others like Hinge are for people who actively want a relationship.

Given the pandemic has put a halt on folk meeting up in cafes and restaurants, visitor attractions to beaches for dates, the next best thing is to use a dating app to connect and chat to people to find 'the one for you'.

So I wouldn't call it a waste of time. It's more for passing the time to still have a social interaction with someone during this pandemic.
As always, be careful who you chat to, as you don't want to fall for someone who could be a 'Catfish' (watch the TV show if you have no idea what I'm on about).
I used all the apps you mentioned on/off for at least 8 hours. No luck.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Filter preferences to middle-eastern, asian, north/South African, Algerian, Arab, Moroccan, Lebanon, Yemen, Iraq, Syria, Oman etc. mostly anyone from Eastern origin... they are all looking for long-term relationships.
Adz2042
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Might be time to start paying the reputable apps like Match and EHarmony to find someone proper.
Set a tester budget of £10 max to test the waters with a premium account.
If the free ones are yielding zero results, try the pro.
Same logic applies to phones. You can pay £600 for a decent phone that has the basic features, or you pay £1,000+ for the top end Apple's / Samsung's to get all the features and more.
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You had me in the first half ngl.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Might be time to start paying the reputable apps like Match and EHarmony to find someone proper.
Same logic applies to phones. You can pay £600 for a decent phone that has the basic features, or you pay £1,000+ for the top end Apple's / Samsung's to get all the features and more.
That's true. The ones I'm using I had to pay a lot for them, but haven't had issues finding people. Some weird encounters, but some nice conversations as well. I tried free ones a long time ago and they were crap just people looking to quick sex nothing serious.
RealLifeJoker
Rep:
?
No point. Not matte that’s your relationship goal is or what app you used it’s all based on physical attraction and wealth.
bethwantsdeath
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No point. Not matte that’s your relationship goal is or what app you used it’s all based on physical attraction and wealth.
of course its based on physical attraction. you literally swipe based on what people look like. you should know that before you even download a dating app. but i dont get how you can see someones wealth through a dating profile unless theyve specifically stated it, which mainly sugar daddies etc. would do.

i dont really understand the point of this thread though, what are you trying to ask?
RealLifeJoker
Rep:
?
(Original post by bethwantsdeath)
of course its based on physical attraction. you literally swipe based on what people look like. you should know that before you even download a dating app. but i dont get how you can see someones wealth through a dating profile unless theyve specifically stated it, which mainly sugar daddies etc. would do.

i dont really understand the point of this thread though, what are you trying to ask?
The point of this thread is that if you’re male then dating apps are a waste of time unless you’re some White middle class Chad or pretty boy. As for non-White guys you just have be a solid 8/10. As for salary, some sites have a filter where you add your overall yearly income.
YaliaV123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
That's true. The ones I'm using I had to pay a lot for them, but haven't had issues finding people. Some weird encounters, but some nice conversations as well. I tried free ones a long time ago and they were crap just people looking to quick sex nothing serious.
Yes, but people in your age group of 40+ will tend to be more serious anyway. Couldn’t resist, sorry...
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by YaliaV123)
Yes, but people in your age group of 40+ will tend to be more serious anyway. Couldn’t resist, sorry...
I'm not that old yet. Give it another 10 years tho lol.
YaliaV123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
I'm not that old yet. Give it another 10 years tho lol.
I was only joking lol. Good luck with the dating!
username5600688
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bethwantsdeath)

Man has issues and thinks dating is to blame. It's a common misconception. See someone OP, I've read your posts in the past and you sound unwell. Hope you recover.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
British and American dating sites are generally a waste of time for all reasonable people who are not looking for an entertaining trip around the cyber jungle.

An enormous jungle that contains an abundant supply of some of the most highly antisocial and creepy life forms in existence.
Bots, blatant gold diggers of both sexes, catfishes, cyber stalkers, d*** pic creeps, entitled welfare bingers, fitness fanatics, foul tempered sjw's, size obsessed snowflakes, online chuggers, vicious social media addicted jerks demanding likes/comments/follows/retweets, toxic incels mass collecting explicit photos, leeches, neo-nazis, registered sex offenders of all varieties, religious wackos, scam artists, smug ex cons and plenty of other weirdos.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (168)
4.89%
Uncertainty around my education (504)
14.66%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (383)
11.14%
Lack of purpose or motivation (480)
13.97%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (167)
4.86%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (211)
6.14%
Loneliness (292)
8.5%
Financial worries (123)
3.58%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (137)
3.99%
Exposure to negative news/social media (156)
4.54%
Lack of real life entertainment (190)
5.53%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (306)
8.9%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (320)
9.31%

Watched Threads