tb1710
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
ID REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF YOU TOOK OUT TIME TO READ THIS !

hi, I'm new here on tsr, and I've had a terrible terrible day . I had results day today and I feel like killing myself .
lets me start off from the beginning, I am currently doing international a levels and I had 3 A* and 2 As in olevels , I've mostly been a pretty good and smart student and I wouldn't really have much trouble studying or id get pretty good marks in tests without studying. fast forward to my first year in olevels , I was struggling really hard and didn't know what was going on at all and it was a pretty stressful and big change for me , I gave my first a level exams in January of 2020, and got a B B in chem and bio ,and a D D in phy and math. I was pretty bummed cuz I never really got bad grades. then Corona happened smfh , our exams got cancelled and I lost all motivation to work hard for my may June exams , and I got the predicted grades for the 4 subjects which were AACC and I was okay with them. moving on to this year in A2 level where I gave my January exams and decided to drop math after them cuz I've always had an issue with it and maybe I just wasn't a math person. and today was results day, I had my heart wanting to come out of my ribcage , I got a CCDE , Cs in chem and bio , a D in math (but since I dropped it I wasn't really bothered) , BUT AN E in physics is not what I expected , my entire life flashed in front of my eyes and honestly , just wanted to die , still do , nothing is right in my life atm and I cant even do one thing right, my grades just so down low and I don't know what I should do , my may/June exams got cancelled as well and were getting predicted grades for those , I have a few school exams coming up and I honestly just wanna give up on everything. I don't why I'm writing this here , I guess I'm trying to see if writing it all out will help , I haven't told my parents yet either cuz I don't have it in me to let them down again rn. anyways if you came this far ily , and I hope you're doing better than me. I have big dreams and maybe I should just forget about them .

thankyou
username5624856
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by tb1710)

hi, I'm new here on tsr, and I've had a terrible terrible day . I had results day today and I feel like killing myself .
lets me start off from the beginning, I am currently doing international a levels and I had 3 A* and 2 As in olevels , I've mostly been a pretty good and smart student and I wouldn't really have much trouble studying or id get pretty good marks in tests without studying. fast forward to my first year in olevels , I was struggling really hard and didn't know what was going on at all and it was a pretty stressful and big change for me , I gave my first a level exams in January of 2020, and got a B B in chem and bio ,and a D D in phy and math. I was pretty bummed cuz I never really got bad grades. then Corona happened smfh , our exams got cancelled and I lost all motivation to work hard for my may June exams , and I got the predicted grades for the 4 subjects which were AACC and I was okay with them. moving on to this year in A2 level where I gave my January exams and decided to drop math after them cuz I've always had an issue with it and maybe I just wasn't a math person. and today was results day, I had my heart wanting to come out of my ribcage , I got a CCDE , Cs in chem and bio , a D in math (but since I dropped it I wasn't really bothered) , BUT AN E in physics is not what I expected , my entire life flashed in front of my eyes and honestly , just wanted to die , still do , nothing is right in my life atm and I cant even do one thing right, my grades just so down low and I don't know what I should do , my may/June exams got cancelled as well and were getting predicted grades for those , I have a few school exams coming up and I honestly just wanna give up on everything. I don't why I'm writing this here , I guess I'm trying to see if writing it all out will help , I haven't told my parents yet either cuz I don't have it in me to let them down again rn. anyways if you came this far ily , and I hope you're doing better than me. I have big dreams and maybe I should just forget about them .

thankyou
please do not worry everyone has a time when they arent happy with something they acheived. I feel like you should let ur parents know ur concern or talk to a wellbeing teacher at school who can support u and its kept anonymous if oud like. what course r u wanting to study? please never give up if its something u want to do !!
vangoghber
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

thankyou
Hey, feel free to message me. I know grades feel like they are absolutely everything when you are young, but I promise that they aren't. I was terrible at maths. I did my maths GCSE twice, and in my maths mock I got a U - 4/60. It was horrific and embarrassing. I thought I would never, ever achieve a maths GCSE and that my life was ruined before it had even really begun. Anyway.....fast forward: I'm now at Cambridge university as a postgrad student, something I never thought possible. And guess what? You'd absolutely kick my arse at physics and maths, and chemistry, and biology. I'm terrible at them and you'd outsmart me for sure. No way I could do the exams that you're doing, they're incredibly difficult.The point is, this disappointment feels like it has defined your future, right? But it hasn't, not at all. We are in the middle of a pandemic, it's ok that you're struggling with motivation, and it's ok that you haven't done as well as you'd have liked. I promise it really is. Your grades do not matter more than your well-being, and the two things shouldn't be connected. I know that it's hard to see it, but it's not the end of the world. Don't give up, and if the suicidal thoughts occur again, please reach out for help.
You can text SHOUT to 85258 and text with trained volunteers who will be happy to help you out and discuss those feelings.

Why don't you tell me about what you'd like to do when you're older, and how you think you'll get there?
tb1710
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lalisa1)
please do not worry everyone has a time when they aren't happy with something they achieved. I feel like you should let ur parents know ur concern or talk to a wellbeing teacher at school who can support u and its kept anonymous if oud like. what course r u wanting to study? please never give up if its something u want to do !!
hi thankyou for your advice , it really means something , ill let my parents know as soon as I'm done processing my feelings and what ill do fix it. also i want to study masters in either microbiology or something in genetics , and a bsc in biomedical sciences .
tb1710
Rep:
?
(Original post by vangoghber)
Hey, feel free to message me. I know grades feel like they are absolutely everything when you are young, but I promise that they aren't. I was terrible at maths. I did my maths GCSE twice, and in my maths mock I got a U - 4/60. It was horrific and embarrassing. I thought I would never, ever achieve a maths GCSE and that my life was ruined before it had even really begun. Anyway.....fast forward: I'm now at Cambridge university as a postgrad student, something I never thought possible. And guess what? You'd absolutely kick my arse at physics and maths, and chemistry, and biology. I'm terrible at them and you'd outsmart me for sure. No way I could do the exams that you're doing, they're incredibly difficult.The point is, this disappointment feels like it has defined your future, right? But it hasn't, not at all. We are in the middle of a pandemic, it's ok that you're struggling with motivation, and it's ok that you haven't done as well as you'd have liked. I promise it really is. Your grades do not matter more than your well-being, and the two things shouldn't be connected. I know that it's hard to see it, but it's not the end of the world. Don't give up, and if the suicidal thoughts occur again, please reach out for help.
You can text SHOUT to 85258 and text with trained volunteers who will be happy to help you out and discuss those feelings.

Why don't you tell me about what you'd like to do when you're older, and how you think you'll get there?
hi , thankyou so much , this means a lot to me , i feel a lot better after reading this , i think if i work harder and as long as im putting in the work its a small step forward .
and im looking forward to do a bsc in biomedical sciences and masters in either genetics or microbiology .
i love biology and chemistry , but physics annoys the crap out of me
strongCoolboy777
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

thankyou
bro thats peak, cant help u but, now im bloody worried cuz thats wut i wanna pick for my a levels next year
Pistas
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey please reach out for professional help if you're having suicidal thoughts. I know it's very difficult for you at the moment but make sure to look after yourself both mentally and physically during these days. It's okay if you don't have the motivation to work hard right now or if you're struggling with studies. We're quite literally in the middle of a pandemic. Trust me, it's fine. You need to talk to an expert about these feelings.

As for the E in physics, I'm so sorry. Hopefully you'll get the chance to retake it in the future and you'll perform much better then. For now, you need to focus on your mental well-being more than anything
tb1710
Rep:
?
(Original post by strongCoolboy777)
bro thats peak, cant help u but, now im bloody worried cuz thats wut i wanna pick for my a levels next year
its fine, you do great if you prepapre yourself from the start and not underestimate the amount of work you need to put in , i wasnt prepared for it and i faced the consequences . just be ready and try to always be on top of your work
tb1710
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pistas)
Hey please reach out for professional help if you're having suicidal thoughts. I know it's very difficult for you at the moment but make sure to look after yourself both mentally and physically during these days. It's okay if you don't have the motivation to work hard right now or if you're struggling with studies. We're quite literally in the middle of a pandemic. Trust me, it's fine. You need to talk to an expert about these feelings.

As for the E in physics, I'm so sorry. Hopefully you'll get the chance to retake it in the future and you'll perform much better then. For now, you need to focus on your mental well-being more than anything
hi thankyou so much for your concern , im much better now and yes ill be retaking all 3 subjects and just work hard and hope for the best i guess
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (166)
4.89%
Uncertainty around my education (498)
14.68%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (379)
11.17%
Lack of purpose or motivation (473)
13.94%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (164)
4.83%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (208)
6.13%
Loneliness (288)
8.49%
Financial worries (122)
3.6%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (137)
4.04%
Exposure to negative news/social media (155)
4.57%
Lack of real life entertainment (186)
5.48%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (302)
8.9%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (315)
9.28%

Watched Threads