The Student Room Group

I get attached too easily and it makes me suffer

I’m totally alone.
But at least i met a special girl.

I don’t have friends at school: when lessons finish my classmates always go out to eat something. The situation is the same in my swimming team too... nobody talks with me.

This Sunday, a girl in my flat invited me to a picnic in a park with his friends ( i live in Italy in a region where covid isn’t as severe as other areas here ). I wanted to say no, but i decided to push myself out more, and see how it would have gone. She didn’t initially want to invite me with his friends... but her parents knew i am alone so they convinced this girl to invite me to the party.

We had a very good time, we played a lot and talked too.

( ofc, we tried to keep distance and to wear masks, apart from eating ).

When the day ended, i went back home with her, she told me she was happy that i was at the picnic, and then she hugged me. It made my heart melt... nobody ever treated me like that and i felt really special ( i’m very sensitive )

Now, I’m back to the normality. This girl rarely replies to my messages, but that’s because she’s very busy ( she’s plenty of friends and she’s never at home ).

I usually feel like i’m a weight for people, like i’m boring and not interesting in general ( i’m not handsome too ). Psychotherapy isn’t helping, and i’ll probably have to take medicines later on. I’d just like to write her how special she is to me ( not romantically... i’m 18 and she’s 25 ) and to my psychotherapist too... they’re both very special people. After having written it, i’ll just cry a bit and end it all

Scroll to see replies

what do you want people to say exactly?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

it’s just a vent
I get attached easily too ngl. But you know, after it gets better you just move on and there are many wonderful people out there, you just need to meet them.
Reply 4

i’d like to hear suggestions to cope with it. Honestly. I think it’d be the best. Or maybe share stories. Literally anything
Original post by Luke_s.23
and end it all

what do u mean when you say that?
Reply 6
Original post by Justaboutalive
I get attached easily too ngl. But you know, after it gets better you just move on and there are many wonderful people out there, you just need to meet them.

thank you for the comment. I know it’s full of fantastic people... i met some of them while i was socializing with this girl’s friends. I found out i love talking to new people ( especially if a friend/acquaintance introduces me to them ) and it’s like when you fall in love with someone... you think that person is your universe but it’s not true. The worst part is that she even hugged me, and nobody ever touched me, so it really made me feel good. Now, i hope she’ll invite me again
i’d like to hear suggestions to cope with it. Honestly. I think it’d be the best. Or maybe share stories. Literally anything

try to learn to be able to enjoy your own company before you include other people into your life
Reply 8
what do u mean when you say that?

i mean committing suicide.
Reply 9
lol the title is xead me no cap lmaoooo
thank you for the comment. I know it’s full of fantastic people... i met some of them while i was socializing with this girl’s friends. I found out i love talking to new people ( especially if a friend/acquaintance introduces me to them ) and it’s like when you fall in love with someone... you think that person is your universe but it’s not true. The worst part is that she even hugged me, and nobody ever touched me, so it really made me feel good. Now, i hope she’ll invite me again

Ofc there are soo many people you can meet and lots of friends you can make!
I would just advise not to get too attached in one go, she seems a lovely person, and so do you!
I think you'll continue to meet people who care for you as well, so don't feel too down, and I don't think you are a burden on anyone.
You love meeting new people, don't end it all, keep meeting people and make new memories x
Reply 11
i am very selective but some people simply pass the “test” i usually do to find out if i like someone or not. It’s not easy to pass it, but somehow some people pass it. This girl even hugged me, and she only hugged her best friend, among all the friends she invited. Plus, she’s very cheerful and told me about a project she’s into that i might join

pls dont it may not seem like it to you but there are people out there who will miss you. suicide wont solve any problems, try to think through things first

This is actually so ridiculous. You finally meet someone and now you’re talking about suicide? What’s actually wrong with you?
Reply 14
Original post by Justaboutalive
Ofc there are soo many people you can meet and lots of friends you can make!
I would just advise not to get too attached in one go, she seems a lovely person, and so do you!
I think you'll continue to meet people who care for you as well, so don't feel too down, and I don't think you are a burden on anyone.
You love meeting new people, don't end it all, keep meeting people and make new memories x

i actually don’t have friends. So i can’t get to know new people. My psychiatrist suggested me some groups/projects that i might join... they’re done for people like me, that want to share the same interest and socialize too... but these aren’t large groups
Original post by BiggestLoser21
This is actually so ridiculous. You finally meet someone and now you’re talking about suicide? What’s actually wrong with you?

if u read the post youd understand that the girl wasnt the reason for them to mention suicide. if you were to actually think about it youd realise that there must've been other things that've happened in their life before
Reply 16
Original post by BiggestLoser21

she made me realize how worthless my life is ( ofc, it’s not her fault ). So, i thank her for the hug and for the picnic, but i simply can’t see myself as an interesting person in any case, and she’s got more important things to think about. That’s it. It’s been years now... i’ve been thinking these things for years.
Reply 17
if u read the post youd understand that the girl wasnt the reason for them to mention suicide. if you were to actually think about it youd realise that there must've been other things that've happened in their life before

yes... let’s say that this girl is exactly the kind of person i’d like to be... but generally the feeling of not being enough is the real problem, and probably it’s not even a false thing. I’ve had some bad experiences in the past ( when i was younger ) and now my convictions are getting worse
she made me realize how worthless my life is ( ofc, it’s not her fault ). So, i thank her for the hug and for the picnic, but i simply can’t see myself as an interesting person in any case, and she’s got more important things to think about. That’s it. It’s been years now... i’ve been thinking these things for years.

You're 18, pls give it time and try different treatments. Usually, psychotherapy + medication is the best for people with severe depression. You can talk to me about it in pvt if you want. I have been there, we have similar experiences but I'm older than you.
i actually don’t have friends. So i can’t get to know new people. My psychiatrist suggested me some groups/projects that i might join... they’re done for people like me, that want to share the same interest and socialize too... but these aren’t large groups

It's ok, we all start somewhere.
That's a good idea, find people who share your interests and then you can take it from there. You don't need to have that many friends, even 1 or 2 people you really enjoy the company off is really nice.
Also you can meet people online too, and just chat!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending