The Student Room Group

moral debate

do you think people are better at creating or destroying things?
Stand in a city and look around you. 🙂
Original post by caravaggio2
Stand in a city and look around you. 🙂

That’s a matter of perspective. Stand in a city and and you’ll see what used to be a forest or wildlife habitat.
Reply 3
Original post by aliyahh10

Depends which people you are referring to, and how you define "create" and "destroy". And what you mean by "better".
Otherwise, good question!
I think its also just much easier as humans for us to unconsciously destruct rather than create.
Creativity draws on intention, effort, skill and if all fails genuine luck.
Meaning that it is much easier for us to go around wreaking havoc on the world subconsciously without even realising.
Then of course is the question: How do we define destruction?
Reply 5
with this question, you can take it in any direction that you wish. for me, personally, i initially said destroying as i thought of the natural world but as i started thinking more about the question, i changed my answer to creating purely bc the way i took the question was if a natural disaster happened (earthquakes eg), we create the shops and houses and other buildings back from the destruction caused from natural disasters. i also thought about technology too. thats just my intake on it, this question just randomly came to me in the night lool bit like a shower thought
Reply 6
Original post by QE2
Depends which people you are referring to, and how you define "create" and "destroy". And what you mean by "better".
Otherwise, good question!

thankk youu :smile: and you can take the question in any direction that you wish and by people, i mean mankind generally speaking
Original post by aliyahh10

People are both: they are creative to build things up and destructive once they finished the things to tear them down. Everything exists to get perished by human's hand.
It is easier to destroy things but whether we are better or not at it than creating things depends on your outlook on life and the people you are referring to. I personally think it's about 50/50 depending on the situation.
Reply 9
Destroying things is easier to do rather than creating new things that will benefit others
Original post by Amin7
Destroying things is easier to do rather than creating new things that will benefit others

So dou think that the majority of people has an affinity for destruction, as they are simpletons?
Is creation not the destruction of absence?
Original post by EricAteYou
Is creation not the destruction of absence?

What do you mean exactly with this question? that creation is a lack of destruction by any chance?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending