Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I'm wondering. What are the possibilities?
Hellllpppp
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
We’re still in somewhat unpredictable global pandemic so no one knows yet
destiny1cc
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It's not 100% but theres a good chance it'll happen
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Let’s say, it happens... how different will it be from 2020?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
There’s enough doubt that steering well clear of anyone pushing event tickets is a good idea.

Zoo/f me it’s freshers/icebreaker/neon etc events don’t sell out no matter what the ticket pushers say. They make a profit by conning students into pushing tickets for them for less than minimum wage and then not giving refunds to the huge numbers of students who don’t go to the events they bought tickets for (because none of their friends are going).
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi there,

I'm going to be optimistic (maybe this is foolish in the current situation...) but if we think that all restriction will be gone by June 21st, even if that slips back a couple of month we should be fine by September when freshers starts. So I guess the usual fun of freshers should go ahead!! This usually means loads of events provided by your University at your accommodation, the Student Union and then private events throughout your town / city where your Uni is located. There is usually lots of non-drinking events too as SU's are mindful that lots of students want something different from the usually drinking events!

If you have anything specific about freshers that you would like to know then ask away

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep)
Hi there,

I'm going to be optimistic (maybe this is foolish in the current situation...) but if we think that all restriction will be gone by June 21st, even if that slips back a couple of month we should be fine by September when freshers starts. So I guess the usual fun of freshers should go ahead!! This usually means loads of events provided by your University at your accommodation, the Student Union and then private events throughout your town / city where your Uni is located. There is usually lots of non-drinking events too as SU's are mindful that lots of students want something different from the usually drinking events!

If you have anything specific about freshers that you would like to know then ask away

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Why do you think "all restrictions will be gone by June 21st"?
The roadmap (for England) has business closure restrictions possibly lifting at some point after June 21st but it's clear that social distancing, possibly masks depending on the findings of research and lower capacity is likely to be still in place at that point - it's not a free for all.

I very much doubt nightclubs will be open in September in anything like the "normal" setup. The reopening of clubs and events are all linked to trials of people having a negative test before being allowed entry and similar trials....so not "the usual"
"We must carry on with ‘hands, face, space’. Comply with the COVID-Secure measures that remain in place. Meet outdoors when we can and keep letting fresh air in." https://www.gov.uk/government/public...before-21-june
iamthicccccc1405
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Heaven only knows
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (27)
13.64%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.06%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.55%
I need help with my personal statement (82)
41.41%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (50)
25.25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.52%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (15)
7.58%

Watched Threads