Getting a nose job

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My girl said I needed a nose job. Which has made me really insecure about me nose. In my 19 years no-one has ever commented on my nose.

But what my girl said last night really struck a cord with my heart that I might need one.

If I PM someone could you give your opinion please.

I have booked an appointment to see a clinic on Monday. It's like £500 deposit, and I can pay the rest monthly.

But I would like other people's opinion please.
GeeTee86
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If someone sets out to change you, or make you feel insecure about yourself, then they are not someone whose opinion and presence you should value. Never change yourself physically for someone else.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by GeeTee86)
If someone sets out to change you, or make you feel insecure about yourself, then they are not someone whose opinion and presence you should value. Never change yourself physically for someone else.
Well every time I look in the mirror it makes me insecure and I can't help but focus in on my nose and think back on her comment.
GeeTee86
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Well every time I look in the mirror it makes me insecure and I can't help but focus in on my nose and think back on her comment.
You feel like that because her insensitive and unnecessary remarks have made you paranoid. I bet there's absolutely nothing wrong with your schnozzle. The beauty of human beings IS our flaws and differences - they're what makes us interesting and unique. What a bland and boring world we would inhibit if we were all identi-kit carbon copies of one another.
Anonymously.y
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You should leave her, if she brings up stuff that you’re insecure without any consideration of how you’d feel she isn’t the one. It’s rude.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by GeeTee86)
You feel like that because her insensitive and unnecessary remarks have made you paranoid. I bet there's absolutely nothing wrong with your schnozzle. The beauty of human beings IS our flaws and differences - they're what makes us interesting and unique. What a bland and boring world we would inhibit if we were all identi-kit carbon copies of one another.
:emo: Her comment will forever be a plague on my mind.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So you are willing to pay £500 for a consultation fee about a nose job and then spend thousands of pounds more on surgery- because of something that one girl said? :eek:
What you do the same if she told you that you should pay for her to have £50k of consultations with cosmetic surgeons, botox, fillers and silicone implants?
ruqaiyahhhhh
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
just wear glasses itll hide your big nose
Katya_93
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Send to me and I'll tell you.
YaliaV123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh dear. What a complete bleep she is. You should change your girlfriend and not your nose.
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Get rid of her. You should only ever consider rhinoplasty if it's for yourself and by your own choice.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Katya_93)
Send to me and I'll tell you.
Okay thank you I will PM you.
sy!¡
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
send it to me as well:beard:

Spoiler:
Show
also, what she said was awful. don’t be pressured into getting a nose job just because one girl doesn’t like your nose
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sy!¡)
send it to me as well:beard:

Spoiler:
Show
also, what she said was awful. don’t be pressured into getting a nose job just because one girl doesn’t like your nose
Okay thank you I will PM you too.
Katya_93
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Your gf must have the perfect nose that people take as images to their surgeons to get the replica of is she has a problem with your nose.
Your nose suits your face very well and your gf must on been on her period and jealous as f so she said sht about yours.
Your nose is fine.
Don't let what she said affect you.
Anonymous #1
Your gf must have the perfect nose that people take as images to their surgeons to get the replica of is she has a problem with your nose.
Your nose suits your face very well and your gf must on been on her period and jealous as f so she said sht about yours.
Your nose is fine.
Don't let what she said affect you.
Awww thank you. That means a lot. And made me happy. You don't think it's too long?
Katya_93
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Awww thank you. That means a lot. And made me happy. You don't think it's too long?
No, it suits your face very well.
Anonymous #1
No, it suits your face very well.
Awww thank you Katya.:jumphug:
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Awww thank you Katya.:jumphug:
So, you're going to cancel this appointment for Monday? And forget all about this stupid plan to get cosmetic surgery?

And send Katya a £5 gift as a nice little thank-you for saving you £500+?
Katya_93
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
Spoiler:
Show

(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)So, you're going to cancel this appointment for Monday? And forget all about this stupid plan to get cosmetic surgery?

And send Katya a £5 gift as a nice little thank-you for saving you £500+?
I accept amazon gift vouchers!!!

Just kidding, I wouldn't take money off a sweet kid!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (59)
4.57%
Uncertainty around my education (199)
15.43%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (143)
11.09%
Lack of purpose or motivation (183)
14.19%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (58)
4.5%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (72)
5.58%
Loneliness (114)
8.84%
Financial worries (45)
3.49%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (59)
4.57%
Exposure to negative news/social media (59)
4.57%
Lack of real life entertainment (68)
5.27%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (113)
8.76%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (118)
9.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed