fkiraxo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
could someone grade this essay and say what improvements to do thanks.....

Macbeth is an “evil” character in the play
Write about the presentation of Macbeth throughout the play

Macbeth an Scottish play written in 1606. Shakespeare portrays the theme “evil” through the protagonist Macbeth. Throughout the play Macbeth shows violence which leads to moral failure from evil actions in footsteps of an murderous play. Macbeth is influenced by his ambitions and is constantly having conscience of thoughts of becoming king one day.

At the start of the play in act 1 scene 4 Macbeth is portrayed as being corrupted as he is finds out the predictions of him from the witches for gaining control over the Cawdor “Stars hide your fires let not light …” The metaphor conveys that Macbeth goes against the chain of being upon the stars above the demon’s from evil. The noun “deep” suggests Macbeth does demand his power in evil this would make the readers feel terrified.

Further on in the play in act 2 scene 1 Macbeth is seen with an disturbed mind as he dreamt of the “weird sisters” but also has an unease power of killing the king Duncan “is this a dagger which I see before me”. The metaphor depicts Macbeths hallucination which also gives him dark intentions of murder. Even though the “dagger” is imaginary it may clearly shows that it is an form of attempted violence. The reader may feel at unease as he starts plotting in having bad intentions to kill Duncan.

In act 3 scene 2 just after Macbeth has listened to the witch’s prophecies He has been consumed with evil spinous thoughts “full o’ scorpions is my mind”. This implies that this immediately reminds Macbeth of the involvement of Duncan’s murder in his sleep. Although the unusual word “scorpions” gives an vivid torment image of having distress mentally. This also portrays that Macbeth couldn’t enjoyed his position because he is plagued with anxiety. The innocent readers may feel downhearted
Furthermore, towards the end of the play in at 4 scene 1 Macbeth is seen with evil through his ambition when he goes to castle fife before Macduff fled to England. ”Seize upon fife” suggest Macbeth is hungry for power and does not take no chance of stopping. The unusual verb “seize” highlights that he is seen forceful in no one other then him taking over the crown. The readers may feel terrified as he’s taking over action quickly after he has heard the prophecies

In addition, moreover, at the very end in act 5 Macbeth says his soliloquy he is being arrogant and reflects on his actions and life itself after his wife kills herself.” Life’s but a walking shadow’ The metaphorical line coveys Macbeths fate has already been decided for him and can’t go back. The noun “life” shows he has an insecure nothing and is effected by evil. Also, may convey that Macbeth compares his human existence to an ghostly figure of an real ghost. Readers would feel intimidated by how Macbeth life has been completely fulfilled him with evil, guilt and distress.

In conclusion, Macbeth is presented as evil throughout the play by his misalignment of the chains of being and his act of murder through his power through ambitious just to become an king. This has repeatedly been shown through Macbeth as a whole through his character and personalities. He is even responsible for his wife’s death as he constantly drive his hunger for power through bad thoughts in his mind.
Last edited by fkiraxo; 1 month ago
fkiraxo
Rep:
?
njiii
fkiraxo
Rep:
?
anyoune
fkiraxo
Rep:
?
anyoune??
fkiraxo
Rep:
?
bump
fkiraxo
Rep:
?
bump
jae jae
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
it takes time for someone to respond to an essay - so be patient
oh.. i don’t study macbeth so i can’t help you
fkiraxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by jae jae)
it takes time for someone to respond to an essay - so be patient
oh.. i don’t study macbeth so i can’t help you
oh ok thanks thats fine then
The Real Me
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
wait here ill do it for ya
The Real Me
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
its acc really good.
i suggest putting in more quotes just to get more marks
and i suggest like digging deep into what the words mean
hope this helps
fkiraxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by The Real Me)
its acc really good.
i suggest putting in more quotes just to get more marks
and i suggest like digging deep into what the words mean
hope this helps
ok thank you i will improve on this what grade would give for this essay?
The Real Me
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by fkiraxo)
ok thank you i will improve on this what grade would give for this essay?
a 3c or a 4 but dont count me on it
fkiraxo
Rep:
?
oh **** i did really badd nooo as i am in year 11 and this essay counts as my final grade what should i doo nooooooooo
fkiraxo
Rep:
?
also

what improvements and things do i need to add to my essay so I could get a higher grade please help thanks??
The Real Me
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
oh **** i did really badd nooo as i am in year 11 and this essay counts as my final grade what should i doo nooooooooo
im in year 11 too but i did my literture gcse last year
fkiraxo
Rep:
?
oh ok b

im in year 11 too but i did my literture gcse last year
ok but how did you get a high grades on writing about the text or play essays in english literature??like how u structure it and write it. as i really want to improve and get a higher grade
PizzaMan2989
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
oh ok b

ok but how did you get a high grades on writing about the text or play essays in english literature??like how u structure it and write it. as i really want to improve and get a higher grade
pm I can try help
The Real Me
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
oh ok b

well all i did was learn the quotes and just write em all down. my exam board didnt really require context for macbeth but i put 2 quotes in each [aragraph and anylyse them to death
dgupt
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Macbeth an Scottish play written in 1606. Shakespeare portrays the theme “evil” through the protagonist Macbeth. Throughout the play Macbeth shows violence which leads to moral failure from evil actions in footsteps of an murderous play. Macbeth is influenced by his ambitions and is constantly having conscience of thoughts of becoming king one day.

At the start of the play in act 1 scene 4 Macbeth is portrayed as being corrupted as he is finds out the predictions of him from the witches for gaining control over the Cawdor “Stars hide your fires let not light …” The metaphor conveys that Macbeth goes against the chain of being upon the stars above the demon’s from evil. The noun “deep” suggests Macbeth does demand his power in evil this would make the readers feel terrified.

Further on in the play in act 2 scene 1 Macbeth is seen with an disturbed mind as he dreamt of the “weird sisters” but also has an unease power of killing the king Duncan “is this a dagger which I see before me”. The metaphor depicts Macbeths hallucination which also gives him dark intentions of murder. Even though the “dagger” is imaginary it may clearly shows that it is an form of attempted violence. The reader may feel at unease as he starts plotting in having bad intentions to kill Duncan.

In act 3 scene 2 just after Macbeth has listened to the witch’s prophecies He has been consumed with evil spinous thoughts “full o’ scorpions is my mind”. This implies that this immediately reminds Macbeth of the involvement of Duncan’s murder in his sleep. Although the unusual word “scorpions” gives an vivid torment image of having distress mentally. This also portrays that Macbeth couldn’t enjoyed his position because he is plagued with anxiety. The innocent readers may feel downhearted
Furthermore, towards the end of the play in at 4 scene 1 Macbeth is seen with evil through his ambition when he goes to castle fife before Macduff fled to England. ”Seize upon fife” suggest Macbeth is hungry for power and does not take no chance of stopping. The unusual verb “seize” highlights that he is seen forceful in no one other then him taking over the crown. The readers may feel terrified as he’s taking over action quickly after he has heard the prophecies

In addition, moreover, at the very end in act 5 Macbeth says his soliloquy he is being arrogant and reflects on his actions and life itself after his wife kills herself.” Life’s but a walking shadow’ The metaphorical line coveys Macbeths fate has already been decided for him and can’t go back. The noun “life” shows he has an insecure nothing and is effected by evil. Also, may convey that Macbeth compares his human existence to an ghostly figure of an real ghost. Readers would feel intimidated by how Macbeth life has been completely fulfilled him with evil, guilt and distress.

In conclusion, Macbeth is presented as evil throughout the play by his misalignment of the chains of being and his act of murder through his power through ambitious just to become an king. This has repeatedly been shown through Macbeth as a whole through his character and personalities. He is even responsible for his wife’s death as he constantly drive his hunger for power through bad thoughts in his mind.
Try to further analyse and Macbeth isn't only presented as evil he is considered as noble and a brave warrior at the beginning of the play. Then through the process of temptation for power he kills Duncan however he hesitates to do so, this suggests he still has a conscience. However there is a shift in his personality after Duncan's murder because when Macbeth feels threatened by Banquo he does not hesitate to kill him. Macbeth was once caring towards his wife however towards the end of the play he doesn't even care she killed herself. You have lots of language techniques labeled however you don't have enough analysis for example you have written about Macbeth's soliloquy however you did not write about the significance of it eg. It's a soliloquy so it reflects his internal thoughts showing us that they are legit and convey his true feelings. You have also claimed that Macbeth is responsible for Lady Macbeth's death but there is no evidence of this as Lady Macbeth commits suicide.

I'm in year 11 as well so I won't be able to give advice as well as a teacher could but I hope this helps.
ahusaina
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

(Original post by dgupt)
Try to further analyse and Macbeth isn't only presented as evil he is considered as noble and a brave warrior at the beginning of the play. Then through the process of temptation for power he kills Duncan however he hesitates to do so, this suggests he still has a conscience. However there is a shift in his personality after Duncan's murder because when Macbeth feels threatened by Banquo he does not hesitate to kill him. Macbeth was once caring towards his wife however towards the end of the play he doesn't even care she killed herself. You have lots of language techniques labeled however you don't have enough analysis for example you have written about Macbeth's soliloquy however you did not write about the significance of it eg. It's a soliloquy so it reflects his internal thoughts showing us that they are legit and convey his true feelings. You have also claimed that Macbeth is responsible for Lady Macbeth's death but there is no evidence of this as Lady Macbeth commits suicide.

I'm in year 11 as well so I won't be able to give advice as well as a teacher could but I hope this helps.
The advice above is really good ^^ but also read through and correct your grammar. There are quite a few phrases that don't make sense 'gives an vivid torment', 'an disturbed mind', (remember that 'an' is only used if the word after starts with a vowel - so it should be 'a disturbed mind etc.' as well as 'his act of murder through his power through ambitious just to become an king' - doesn't make sense. Are you trying to say 'his act of murder is demonstrative of his power and because of his ambition to become king?'.
'in addition, moreover' - they mean the same thing so just choose one.
'Macbeth shows violence which leads to moral failure from evil actions in footsteps of an murderous play' - this doesn't make sense, what is moral failure? do you mean immoral? and once again it is 'a murderous play' not 'an'
'it may clearly shows that it is an form of attempted violence' - don't use 'may' and then say 'clearly shows', they have opposite meanings so choose either one of them, and change 'an' to 'a'
'The innocent readers may feel downhearted' - get rid of this or delve deeper into what the effect is on the reader, and don't assume the readers are 'innocent'
'does not take no chance of stopping' - double negative, are you trying to say he won't stop?

Sorry if this is a bit harsh. I study A-level English Literature and am in year 13 - I would probably grade this a 4 (if you are lucky)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (60)
4.6%
Uncertainty around my education (200)
15.33%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (143)
10.96%
Lack of purpose or motivation (185)
14.18%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (59)
4.52%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (73)
5.59%
Loneliness (116)
8.89%
Financial worries (45)
3.45%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (60)
4.6%
Exposure to negative news/social media (61)
4.67%
Lack of real life entertainment (69)
5.29%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (114)
8.74%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (120)
9.2%

Watched Threads