username5651100
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I can’t take it anymore. I wanna cry it’s so hard. I don’t understand anything and have a exam in 2 and a half weeks. I tried everything. It doesn’t click. Someone please help.
Diya_hem14
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Which year are you in?
ScarletMillion
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
maybe try posting a few questions here and ask some people who are willing to help explain it
username5651100
Rep:
?
(Original post by Diya_hem14)
Which year are you in?
Year 11
username5651100
Rep:
?
(Original post by ScarletMillion)
maybe try posting a few questions here and ask some people who are willing to help explain it
I have nobody usually I ask my brothers but they didn’t do computer science and my teacher ain’t that great
Diya_hem14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am in year 8 and I am good at computer science but it sometimes gets on my nerve! If you are finding it stressful either opt for another subject (if you can) or post questions on here
username5651100
Rep:
?
(Original post by Diya_hem14)
I am in year 8 and I am good at computer science but it sometimes gets on my nerve! If you are finding it stressful either opt for another subject (if you can) or post questions on here
I can’t change as I’m leaving this year to sixform. I only understand 30% of whole course
ScarletMillion
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Urrrmmmm)
I have nobody usually I ask my brothers but they didn’t do computer science and my teacher ain’t that great
post the questions on tsr, on a thread
Diya_hem14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Tbh I was going to choose computer science for gcse but is there a way you can remove computer science and maybe choose another subject? And if you are planing on choosing another subject choose something that doesn’t have a lot of course work because you may be behind
Diya_hem14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well because you can’t change you can post questions on here! I’m sure people would be glad to help you and if not you could always apply for extra online courses which can help you understand better
Tolgash
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have you really trued everything?
username5651100
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tolgash)
Have you really trued everything?
Dunno I watched videos and that’s about it and tried to make notes but i don’t understand
Tolgash
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Dunno I watched videos and that’s about it and tried to make notes but i don’t understand
Have you tried BBC Bitesize or watched any other channels? What about the textbook?
Afrrcyn
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What parts do struggle with?
Cloudias
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I can’t take it anymore. I wanna cry it’s so hard. I don’t understand anything and have a exam in 2 and a half weeks. I tried everything. It doesn’t click. Someone please help.
This is now worrying me seeing as I’m starting it for a level next year and haven’t done it for gcse...
username5651100
Rep:
?
(Original post by Afrrcyn)
What parts do struggle with?
I’m currently struggling in 2.5 translators and facilities of languages
Afrrcyn
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Cloudias)
This is now worrying me seeing as I’m starting it for a level next year and haven’t done it for gcse...
You'll be fine, you can do the degree without the A-Lvl. I'm currently a Yr13 student and it's perfectly fine and fun!
Afrrcyn
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m currently struggling in 2.5 translators and facilities of languages
Oh okay, I have no clue what your exam board is but I do recommend the content 'Craig and Dave' make: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...eSqAKty3LAG37-

Here some Pics of the OCR spec for translators:
Name:  20210304_223838-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 12
Size:  93.9 KBName:  20210304_223815-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 15
Size:  98.2 KBName:  20210304_223745-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 14
Size:  91.9 KB
Wise Goldie
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
\^_^/ ok im going now lol
aiwiloistyping
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
2.5 is the worst one, I completely understand you haha I barely get it myself. I'd say focus on all of the other topics you know you can get confident in and then fully try to grasp 2.5 later.

I highly recommend making flashcards though with the key points you need to remember.
If that doesn't work literally rewrite everything you need to know over and over, did that the day before my mock exam (literally everything for like 3 hours) and that's how I got 87% average across 2 papers - I know teachers say don't do that it doesn't work but for me it works best.

Create questions like 'key features of magnetic storage' and then answer in points. if you don't get it perfect then rewrite 'not portable - moving parts - large capacity - long read/write life - noise - average read/write speed' until you can recite it and write it without help.

It's best to generally understand everything but rewriting and going through everything like that helped me connect the dots and understand better, maybe it'll help you too. I've also got my mocks in a few weeks so good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (60)
4.6%
Uncertainty around my education (200)
15.33%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (143)
10.96%
Lack of purpose or motivation (185)
14.18%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (59)
4.52%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (73)
5.59%
Loneliness (116)
8.89%
Financial worries (45)
3.45%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (60)
4.6%
Exposure to negative news/social media (61)
4.67%
Lack of real life entertainment (69)
5.29%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (114)
8.74%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (120)
9.2%

Watched Threads