EU student finance pre settled status

Watch
karanchawla
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, does anyone know when EU members can apply for student finance for this September enrolment?

Thanks
rkcg
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! Unfortunately, I can't help with the answer to your question, but I'm also a pre-settled EU student (currently finishing my Bachelor's) and you seem very confident about being classed as a home student. I'm really worried about the bit in the policy stating that only ordinary residents will be eligible for the home fee, whose primary reason for residence was not to receive an education. I came to the UK 3 years ago when my undergrad started, but permanently moved here, rent privately, work, etc, so I wouldn't say I'm here mainly for education (especially since there aren't even any in-person teaching this year lol), however, my documents obviously don't show personal motivation, just the fact that I came at the beginning of my BA. Are you in the same boat?
mkost
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! If you have 3 years of continuous residency in the UK you are eligible for tuition fee support. If you work as well and continue to do so while studying you may be eligible for full support. That’s what has been explained to me over the phone with people from SLC. I sent an application on Monday for full support and I have been living/working here for the past 4 years so hopefully it’ll go through!
rkcg
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think I might be in a slightly different situation as I am applying for postgrad courses, but thank you!
Last edited by rkcg; 1 month ago
Shirohige
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by karanchawla)
Hi, does anyone know when EU members can apply for student finance for this September enrolment?

Thanks
Direct from the GOV website - Student finance forms
Studying full-time in England and qualify for Tuition Fee only support

To apply for a Tuition Fee Loan use form EU21N.
Academic year Form
2021 to 2022 EU21N will be available from April 2021
(Original post by rkcg)
I think I might be in a slightly different situation as I am applying for postgrad courses, but thank you!
Probably in the summer when the applications open.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (187)
5.02%
Uncertainty around my education (545)
14.62%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (417)
11.19%
Lack of purpose or motivation (513)
13.76%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (184)
4.94%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (222)
5.95%
Loneliness (313)
8.4%
Financial worries (138)
3.7%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (145)
3.89%
Exposure to negative news/social media (168)
4.51%
Lack of real life entertainment (212)
5.69%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (333)
8.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (351)
9.42%

Watched Threads