username4969948
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
It took almost three years due to the length of the investigation and covid disruption but Alex Minassian has finally been found guiltily of murdering ten people in a violent rampage.

Alek Minassian has been found guilty of 10 counts of first-degree murder and 16 counts of attempted murder in connection with the 2018 Toronto van attack.

In delivering her decision, Molloy referred to Minassian as John Doe in an effort, she said, to avoid giving him further notoriety.

In that four-hour interview, Minassian told Toronto Police Det. Rob Thomas it was him behind the wheel. Minassian discussed how the incel (involuntary celibacy) community and past rejection from women fueled his desire to act.
Full article
Last edited by username4969948; 1 month ago
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Good, I had completely forgotten about this attack.
Starship Trooper
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What has whether or not he had gotten laid got to do with it? 🤔🤣
username4969948
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Starship Trooper)
What has whether or not he had gotten laid got to do with it? 🤔🤣
If you bothered to do a bit of reading around the case thrn maybe you would not have asked such an asinine question.
IanDangerously
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m sure there was a case a few years ago where one of these “incels” went around and shot a bunch of people and he ended up becoming a hero in their community?

Whatever forums or social platforms these people hang out on need to be monitored the same way as a terrorist group imo.
caravaggio2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I see the judge has asked for him not to be named and referred to him as John Doe. Excellent idea. Something psychiatrists have been calling for, for over 10 years.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7676510/t...mass-murderer/
username5252758
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by caravaggio2)
I see the judge has asked for him not to be named and referred to him as John Doe. Excellent idea. Something psychiatrists have been calling for, for over 10 years.

This issue in this case is of course this man is one of the more notorious individuals in Canada. It is difficult to not name someone when everyone already knows his name.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by caravaggio2)

Fairly common now, thats what they did with the filthy who slaughtered those Muslims in CHCH. Although i still feel he should have been hung drawn and quartered for what he did it.
TheStupidMoon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What we need to do is to end institutional discrimination against incels and fund community projects like we do for inner city teenagers or equality initiatives to prevent these violent incidents.

I thought assault rifles were banned in Canada. Do they have gun control problems there too?
LordIanBrown
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Incels and white nationalists are now the latest targets of zionist woke capital. Anyone defending tradition, heritage and convention is being censored/attacked. The same institutions giving a platform to female victimhood are also funding the propulsion of Instragram, Ariana Grande, Cardi B, Stormzy and others.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kitten in boots)
It took almost three years due to the length of the investigation and covid disruption but Alex Minassian has finally been found guiltily of murdering ten people in a violent rampage.

Full article

In a way I feel sorry for the guy. I watched some of his interview with a cop a few months back, and from the way he had been speaking, it was clear he had ended up radicalised by these incel websites. I think that's why he did it. I don't think prior to this he had a violent nature.
Now he's going to spend the rest of his life in jail.

I feel sorry for all the people who lost their lives too, but I do firmly believe this guy is a victim of radicalisation.

I actually think admins of such sites should ban all mention of these types of killers, as having browsed around there before there really does seem to be a lot of glorifying killers of women going on there. Members also encourage other members to kill women too. Elliot Rodger is literally worshiped on those sites...
Paranoiaa
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Crazyyy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (145)
4.88%
Uncertainty around my education (438)
14.73%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (334)
11.23%
Lack of purpose or motivation (414)
13.93%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (139)
4.68%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (180)
6.05%
Loneliness (255)
8.58%
Financial worries (109)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (121)
4.07%
Exposure to negative news/social media (135)
4.54%
Lack of real life entertainment (161)
5.42%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (261)
8.78%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (281)
9.45%

Watched Threads