Starting uni in January

Watch this thread
Bethd252
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I have an offer for bcu children's nursing to start next january. I'm initially a bit unsure about starting in january. What is it like starting in jan? Doesn't have to be bcu but do you get a freshers week? Did you feel a bit weird starting mid way through the year?
Lmbnurs
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bethd252)
Hi, I have an offer for bcu children's nursing to start next january. I'm initially a bit unsure about starting in january. What is it like starting in jan? Doesn't have to be bcu but do you get a freshers week? Did you feel a bit weird starting mid way through the year?
Hey, I've just accepted my offer for Child Nursing at BCU starting in January. I'd heard the September intake was going to fill up quickly! I haven't found any info on the website so far but I'm sure something will be figured out freshes-wise, Covid depending obviously! I don't think it'll feel strange starting in January, a lot of the healthcare courses have a January intake so there'll be a lot of us. As long as you like the Uni and the course that's the main thing!
Bethd252
Rep:
Yeah good point. I'm still deciding. If I put it down as first it will be exciting to meet.
Thank you! Good advice
Bethd252
Rep:
(Original post by cececilxo)
There is usually a "refreshers" type thing which happens in January which is essentially freshers for January intake. I would imagine (well hope) by next January it will go ahead!
that's cool. Thank you.. Do you know much about how January intake works,please?
Bethd252
Rep:
(Original post by cececilxo)
In regards to what in particular?
Is it harder to fit in? Do you have the same opportunities as september intake? If you stay in accommodation are you purely with January intake and is the choice of accommodation limited because september intake have taken it? Do you have the same holidays as september intake? Sorry for all the questions. Don't worry if you don't know I'm just thinking out loud. Did you start in january?
Thank you for your help. It means a lot
Bethd252
Rep:
That sounds good. Thank you for your help
wanderlea
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
I have an offer to start in jan too. But im waiting to see other unis if they offer sep or not. Cause it seems kinda weird. Hopefully you have fun
wanderlea
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Bethd252)
Is it harder to fit in? Do you have the same opportunities as september intake? If you stay in accommodation are you purely with January intake and is the choice of accommodation limited because september intake have taken it? Do you have the same holidays as september intake? Sorry for all the questions. Don't worry if you don't know I'm just thinking out loud. Did you start in january?
Thank you for your help. It means a lot
Omg these are great questions i never thought of 😭😭😭
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (26)
28.26%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
33.7%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (8)
8.7%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.26%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.43%
I’m starting to consider my university options (13)
14.13%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (4)
4.35%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.17%

Watched Threads