Bethd252
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I have an offer for bcu children's nursing to start next january. I'm initially a bit unsure about starting in january. What is it like starting in jan? Doesn't have to be bcu but do you get a freshers week? Did you feel a bit weird starting mid way through the year?
Lmbnurs
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Bethd252)
Hi, I have an offer for bcu children's nursing to start next january. I'm initially a bit unsure about starting in january. What is it like starting in jan? Doesn't have to be bcu but do you get a freshers week? Did you feel a bit weird starting mid way through the year?
Hey, I've just accepted my offer for Child Nursing at BCU starting in January. I'd heard the September intake was going to fill up quickly! I haven't found any info on the website so far but I'm sure something will be figured out freshes-wise, Covid depending obviously! I don't think it'll feel strange starting in January, a lot of the healthcare courses have a January intake so there'll be a lot of us. As long as you like the Uni and the course that's the main thing!
Bethd252
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Yeah good point. I'm still deciding. If I put it down as first it will be exciting to meet.
Thank you! Good advice
cececilxo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
There is usually a "refreshers" type thing which happens in January which is essentially freshers for January intake. I would imagine (well hope) by next January it will go ahead!
Bethd252
Rep:
?
(Original post by cececilxo)
There is usually a "refreshers" type thing which happens in January which is essentially freshers for January intake. I would imagine (well hope) by next January it will go ahead!
that's cool. Thank you.. Do you know much about how January intake works,please?
cececilxo
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
that's cool. Thank you.. Do you know much about how January intake works,please?
In regards to what in particular?
Bethd252
Rep:
?
(Original post by cececilxo)
In regards to what in particular?
Is it harder to fit in? Do you have the same opportunities as september intake? If you stay in accommodation are you purely with January intake and is the choice of accommodation limited because september intake have taken it? Do you have the same holidays as september intake? Sorry for all the questions. Don't worry if you don't know I'm just thinking out loud. Did you start in january?
Thank you for your help. It means a lot
cececilxo
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Is it harder to fit in? Do you have the same opportunities as september intake? If you stay in accommodation are you purely with January intake and is the choice of accommodation limited because september intake have taken it? Do you have the same holidays as september intake? Sorry for all the questions. Don't worry if you don't know I'm just thinking out loud. Did you start in january?
Thank you for your help. It means a lot
Hi sorry no I didn't start in January and the only people I know who did didn't stay in university accommodation! I am not 100% sure if the holidays are exactly the same but I do believe they are quite similar. For example one of the people I know had christmas time off like I did and another has time off around Easter like I do. I can't see why any opportunities would be different to September students really!
Bethd252
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
That sounds good. Thank you for your help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (68)
19.1%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.33%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.78%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.84%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.09%
Taster lectures or seminars (76)
21.35%
Speak to current students studying my course (81)
22.75%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (15)
4.21%
Fun online activities or experiences (13)
3.65%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.25%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.69%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
1.97%

Watched Threads