My after is most people’s before :(

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I’ve lost like 15kg over the past few months, I’ve made a lot of progress and my BMI is like just under 21. I’m just feeling insecure atm as i see other people’s weight loss journeys where they’ve lost the same amount of weight and are around the same height but they’re so much more toned, have a flatter stomach and look so much better and i look at myself and i’m still chubby. i know it’s different for everyone but it sucks seeing people having transformations where they look like me AFTER weight loss but for them that’s their before photo
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
So what? You are still making progress and doing what's right for you, that's all that matters.
linedpaper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’ve lost like 15kg over the past few months, I’ve made a lot of progress and my BMI is like just under 21. I’m just feeling insecure atm as i see other people’s weight loss journeys where they’ve lost the same amount of weight and are around the same height but they’re so much more toned, have a flatter stomach and look so much better and i look at myself and i’m still chubby. i know it’s different for everyone but it sucks seeing people having transformations where they look like me AFTER weight loss but for them that’s their before photo
Everyone has different genetics, so their fat will distribute differently.
Well done on losing that much weight, that's so good. If you want to look more toned you can do various workouts, found on youtube- stuff like ab workouts etc. If you're committed the Chloe ting challenge may be good, but you do have to maintain that style and frequency of workout, she has 4 week programmes.

I think you may be comparing yourself to people who were already lighter than you? Hence they have a before picture that looks like you now.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by linedpaper)
Everyone has different genetics, so their fat will distribute differently.
Well done on losing that much weight, that's so good. If you want to look more toned you can do various workouts, found on youtube- stuff like ab workouts etc. If you're committed the Chloe ting challenge may be good, but you do have to maintain that style and frequency of workout, she has 4 week programmes.

I think you may be comparing yourself to people who were already lighter than you? Hence they have a before picture that looks like you now.
thanks! personally i don’t like chloe ting bc of lack of scientific background but i do workout 6x a week hopefully soon i’ll start to see more muscle tone as i’m using weights/progressive overload.

maybe but i’ve seen people who started off heavier and still look better :/
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ROTL94)
So what? You are still making progress and doing what's right for you, that's all that matters.
ur right thank you x
Gaddafi
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
You've lost 15kg which is great. You have good momentum - there's nothing to stop you from making further gains.
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Focus more on how you feel than how you look. We are much more judgemental and critical of ourselves than we are of others, give yourself some kindness.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (71)
37.57%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (19)
10.05%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.35%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (47)
24.87%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
13.23%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (15)
7.94%

Watched Threads