Lularx
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey !
What accom is everyone thinking of for Leeds ??
I’m going to study Italian and international relations .
abbbbbb.
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lularx)
Hey !
What accom is everyone thinking of for Leeds ??
I’m going to study Italian and international relations .
Hi! Uni of leeds right? I was initially thinking of white rose view, but then I saw that many people were also thinking of applying there too- so will probably be oversubscribed this year But now looking at other ones like leodis and maybe montague burton/central village (these two are also typically over subscribed too). So not completely sure yet!

I am going to study business management, but trying to change my course to business management with marketing.
cchloepx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m thinking white rose.
I know loads of people are saying it might be oversubscribed, but they say that for every accommodation so I’ve given up caring, lol.

I’ll be studying Italian and Japanese (:
Lularx
Rep:
?
(Original post by cchloepx)
I’m thinking white rose.
I know loads of people are saying it might be oversubscribed, but they say that for every accommodation so I’ve given up caring, lol.

I’ll be studying Italian and Japanese (:
Italian too cool ! Do you have a year abroad ??
I love white rose or any of the modern ones, and yeah lol that say that about all of them !!!
Lularx
Rep:
?
(Original post by abbbbbb.)
Hi! Uni of leeds right? I was initially thinking of white rose view, but then I saw that many people were also thinking of applying there too- so will probably be oversubscribed this year But now looking at other ones like leodis and maybe montague burton/central village (these two are also typically over subscribed too). So not completely sure yet!

I am going to study business management, but trying to change my course to business management with marketing.
I love white rose view - got to be in it to win it sort of thing !!
Business sounds cool !
cchloepx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Italian too cool ! Do you have a year abroad ??
I love white rose or any of the modern ones, and yeah lol that say that about all of them !!!
Yeah I have year abroad (: I’ll have 2. One in my second year and one in my fourth.
Yes the modern ones are so pretty. I like white rose the most, tbh. Leeds has very nice accommodation though so I don’t think I would be too upset about any of them. Especially when I’ve seen Scottish accommodations for the same prices, haha. They’re awful.
Lularx
Rep:
?
Yeah I have year abroad (: I’ll have 2. One in my second year and one in my fourth.
Yes the modern ones are so pretty. I like white rose the most, tbh. Leeds has very nice accommodation though so I don’t think I would be too upset about any of them. Especially when I’ve seen Scottish accommodations for the same prices, haha. They’re awful.
2 that sounds so cool ! I originally wanted to go to Durham but they offered me a place for sociology instead Leeds was always my close second and tbh the accommodation at Durham is just incomparable - heard it’s so boring there too so I’m not overly sad !
cchloepx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
2 that sounds so cool ! I originally wanted to go to Durham but they offered me a place for sociology instead Leeds was always my close second and tbh the accommodation at Durham is just incomparable - heard it’s so boring there too so I’m not overly sad !
So far I have offers from St Andrews and Kent. I have a conditional offer for Leeds but it’s only a B in any higher which is pretty easy to get so I’m not worried about not getting in.
If I had to go for a Scottish uni tho I’d definitely want private accommodation- it’s so much nicer lol.
Kent was definitely off the table for me but it has nice accommodation. Very expensive though.
Lularx
Rep:
?
So far I have offers from St Andrews and Kent. I have a conditional offer for Leeds but it’s only a B in any higher which is pretty easy to get so I’m not worried about not getting in.
If I had to go for a Scottish uni tho I’d definitely want private accommodation- it’s so much nicer lol.
Kent was definitely off the table for me but it has nice accommodation. Very expensive though.
I live so close to Kent uni and have stayed in the accommodation- it’s really nice. Besides Leeds and Durham I’m thinking Southampton or Loughborough but both have pretty bad accommodation too! Think my last was Cardiff but honestly cannot remember
cchloepx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I live so close to Kent uni and have stayed in the accommodation- it’s really nice. Besides Leeds and Durham I’m thinking Southampton or Loughborough but both have pretty bad accommodation too! Think my last was Cardiff but honestly cannot remember
Ohh interesting.
I’m a Scottish applicant so my first 3 were Scottish unis, and at first I was only really picking English unis because only 3 unis in Scotland offer Italian.
And then I started researching Leeds and I really loved the look of the uni.
Lularx
Rep:
?
Ohh interesting.
I’m a Scottish applicant so my first 3 were Scottish unis, and at first I was only really picking English unis because only 3 unis in Scotland offer Italian.
And then I started researching Leeds and I really loved the look of the uni.
I have close friends at Leeds and they love it ! If you want to know anything about Kent or more specifically the area I’ll be happy to help especially as I imagine you haven’t visited ?
cchloepx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have close friends at Leeds and they love it ! If you want to know anything about Kent or more specifically the area I’ll be happy to help especially as I imagine you haven’t visited ?
Yeah I’m really set on Leeds atm. My conditional is achievable so I’ll definitely be firming.

Kent is interesting but very far away from home and a bit expensive for my liking. I think I’ll make my insurance St. Andrews, probably.
Lularx
Rep:
?
Yeah I’m really set on Leeds atm. My conditional is achievable so I’ll definitely be firming.

Kent is interesting but very far away from home and a bit expensive for my liking. I think I’ll make my insurance St. Andrews, probably.
I was going to say literally the other end of the uk !! Let me know how it goes with Leeds - and if you find any groupchats which is proving difficult for me ? Maybe see you there soon
cchloepx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was going to say literally the other end of the uk !! Let me know how it goes with Leeds - and if you find any groupchats which is proving difficult for me ? Maybe see you there soon
I’m in a discord server which I can grab the invite for. Otherwise I haven’t really seen any group chats! Ive had trouble finding other language applicants for Leeds, tbh.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (164)
4.87%
Uncertainty around my education (495)
14.7%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (377)
11.2%
Lack of purpose or motivation (471)
13.99%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (162)
4.81%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (206)
6.12%
Loneliness (286)
8.49%
Financial worries (120)
3.56%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (135)
4.01%
Exposure to negative news/social media (153)
4.54%
Lack of real life entertainment (183)
5.44%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (301)
8.94%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (314)
9.33%

Watched Threads