Long distance Relationship

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
How hard do you think it would be to be in a relationship with someone who is 7,290 miles away and a good 15-hour plane flight....?
alexandra877
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
It really does depend on the two people and how committed you are to making it work, and also how much you trust each other. Without a doubt, the biggest problem in long distance relationships is the trust and respect you have to have for the other person. A 15 hour plane ride is a long distance away, so I'm assuming you'd also face barriers such as a time difference, which could make it difficult to find time to talk to the other person. But, on the other hand, if you can survive long distance, you can do anything as a couple! And I know couples that have made it work, and have found it to be really rewarding. It also means you keep the 'honeymoon' phase alive for a longer time, as you're always so excited to see each other. There's so much information online about tips and tricks with how to make it work, but it really is dependent on the couple. Wishing you the best of luck
Adz2042
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
How hard do you think it would be to be in a relationship with someone who is 7,290 miles away and a good 15-hour plane flight....?
Not impossible, but difficult to say the least.
Factor in the time difference.
Also remember, we're in a pandemic, so you don't really want to be travelling such a long distance to see someone. Wait until things have calmed down a bit.

Example of how Time Difference can be bad in a long long distance relationship
James + Jane want to date, but James lives in England, UK, and Jane lives in California, USA. There is a 8 hr time difference between them. Both are adamant they want this new relationship to work, and are willing to give it a go, even though it's such a massive distance between them. They also want to meet one day when Covid restrictions allow them too.

James spends his afternoon texting Jane (in her morning), and throughout James' evening, they have a nice conversation.
However, when it's James' night, (like 11pm - midnight), Jane encourages James to stay up and chat to her.
James agrees because he really likes Jane and wants things to work.
Jane says 'I'm off to sleep, goodnight', and James says 'goodnight' also. By this stage, for James, it's 4:30 - 5am UK time.
But for Jane, it's a comfortable 11:30 - midnight time.
James is shattered from the lack of sleep, whereas Jane can't understand why James is tired.

Eventually, James will realise this relationship isn't working, because he's constantly tired and Jane isn't.
i need u _(_
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
There is virtual sex and face time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (174)
44.27%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
10.94%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (32)
8.14%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.12%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (39)
9.92%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.6%

Watched Threads