Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi so I'm will be changing unis in September as I don't really like my current uni so I was wondering when's the best time to apply for the student withdrawal thing. Is it best to do it now or when the uni semester has ended, please help.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi so I'm will be changing unis in September as I don't really like my current uni so I was wondering when's the best time to apply for the student withdrawal thing. Is it best to do it now or when the uni semester has ended, please help.
What do you mean “apply for the student withdrawal thing”?

have you applied to your new university through ucas?
do you intend to complete the academic year?

are you receiving student finance?
Anonymous #1
That’s what it says on my uni student website and yeah I’ve applied for another uni via ucas and received an offer and I’m planning to complete the academic year and currently receiving student finance
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
That’s what it says on my uni student website and yeah I’ve applied for another uni via ucas and received an offer and I’m planning to complete the academic year and currently receiving student finance
If you're planning to complete the year then you need to wait until you've completed the year before withdrawing from your current university.
Anonymous #1
So do I just do it after the official last day of uni? And thank you for helping
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
So do I just do it after the official last day of uni? And thank you for helping
If you want to. Or a few weeks later. As long as you don’t re-enrol on the course next year.
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
You can withdraw at any point, so if you felt that there was little point in continuing studying beyond now then there is nothing stopping you from withdrawing from your course now. Given it is quite late in the University year I doubt there would be any level of refund of tuition fees but it's worth checking this out. Otherwise, just wait until the University year is complete and withdraw then.

I hope the new course all goes well and I hope you enjoy what is left at your current University

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PQ)
If you want to. Or a few weeks later. As long as you don’t re-enrol on the course next year.
Thank you for helping!!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep)
You can withdraw at any point, so if you felt that there was little point in continuing studying beyond now then there is nothing stopping you from withdrawing from your course now. Given it is quite late in the University year I doubt there would be any level of refund of tuition fees but it's worth checking this out. Otherwise, just wait until the University year is complete and withdraw then.

I hope the new course all goes well and I hope you enjoy what is left at your current University

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Yeah I was thinking of continuing for the rest of this year as it might help me when I study the same course at another uni and I will do that then, thank you for helping!!
martin7
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Yeah I was thinking of continuing for the rest of this year as it might help me when I study the same course at another uni and I will do that then, thank you for helping!!
If you complete and pass the year, you might (depending on the university's regulations) be able to get an exit award. For the first year of an undergraduate degree that would typically be a Certificate of Higher Education (CertHE).
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by martin7)
If you complete and pass the year, you might (depending on the university's regulations) be able to get an exit award. For the first year of an undergraduate degree that would typically be a Certificate of Higher Education (CertHE).
Oh I didn’t know that but thank you, I’ve just finished my first year exams so does that I mean I would get my results and then on the next day I contact them that I am leaving?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Are you planning to complete the year?
if so then you should wait and withdraw from your current course in August when they ask you to enrol for the next academic year.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by PQ)
Are you planning to complete the year?
if so then you should wait and withdraw from your current course in August when they ask you to enrol for the next academic year.
Yeah I’m planning to complete the year and thank you for the advice, I will do that. Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.51%
No (253)
72.49%

Watched Threads