Dr Challoners Grammar School Sixth Form vs Watford Grammar Girls 2021 Entry

Watch
theoneandonlyyo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Any sixth formers from these schools, I would appreciate it if you could tell me how the sixth form experience is like. Anyone else applied for sixth form entry 2021 to these schools?
Last edited by theoneandonlyyo; 4 months ago
pinkpanther2304
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
dchs or dcgs?
noturhabibti
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
i don't go to dr challoners, but i know quite a few people who go and they all think its great
Siren_2
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Not a 6th former but I will be later this year so if you do come to DCGS, I'll see you then. If you have any questions, I will probably know quite a few of the answers but compared to the girl's school which will be all girls, DCGS 6th form is mixed but you probably already knew that. If you know what A-levels you plan to do, I might be able to tell you what the teachers are like?
theoneandonlyyo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Siren_2)
Not a 6th former but I will be later this year so if you do come to DCGS, I'll see you then. If you have any questions, I will probably know quite a few of the answers but compared to the girl's school which will be all girls, DCGS 6th form is mixed but you probably already knew that. If you know what A-levels you plan to do, I might be able to tell you what the teachers are like?
Hi there,
Thank you so much for your response. How are the teachers like for biology, chemistry and maths? Is you school very welcoming to external students? Is it a very competitive school?
Siren_2
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by theoneandonlyyo)
Hi there,
Thank you so much for your response. How are the teachers like for biology, chemistry and maths? Is you school very welcoming to external students? Is it a very competitive school?
It's been a while, got busy. I plan on taking those three plus Philosophy next year and yes, we're competitive but it isn't too harsh. There are less external students but they try to mix everyone up and there's lots of group stuff we end up doing from what I've understood. Have you read the Baccalaureate on the website? I'm not really good with teachers for completely unrelated reasons but I know we have some good ones from what other people say.
theoneandonlyyo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Siren_2)
It's been a while, got busy. I plan on taking those three plus Philosophy next year and yes, we're competitive but it isn't too harsh. There are less external students but they try to mix everyone up and there's lots of group stuff we end up doing from what I've understood. Have you read the Baccalaureate on the website? I'm not really good with teachers for completely unrelated reasons but I know we have some good ones from what other people say.
Yes I have, are there a lot of people doing the baccalaureate?
umair288
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes I have, are there a lot of people doing the baccalaureate?
Hi I'm also a student at Challoners and hopefully I will be returning for 6th form. I'm fairly certain that the baccalaureate is compulsory. It's just 3 a levels with epq or 4 a levels
theoneandonlyyo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by umair288)
Hi I'm also a student at Challoners and hopefully I will be returning for 6th form. I'm fairly certain that the baccalaureate is compulsory. It's just 3 a levels with epq or 4 a levels
Oh right, thank you so much! Do we get an option to drop the fourth a-level later on?
Last edited by theoneandonlyyo; 1 month ago
umair288
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh right, thank you so much! Do we get an option to drop the fourth a-level later on?
Yes, you can drop the fourth A level if you want but it is suggested that you don't drop it too late as it can interfere with other subjects and timetables have to adjusted etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (22)
27.16%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (8)
9.88%
No I am happy with my choice (46)
56.79%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (5)
6.17%

Watched Threads