paulha
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Simple question can't seem to get a straight answer are private pension payments gross or net when deducted from household income when loan is assessed thankyou
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by paulha)
Simple question can't seem to get a straight answer are private pension payments gross or net when deducted from household income when loan is assessed thankyou
Are you asking about pension income or pension contributions?

Pension contributions are not included in the household income assessment but how they’re excluded depends on whether they’re paid through an employer/payslip (where employers deduct them from the taxable income on a payslip and so they’re already removed from the taxable income figure on the P60) or paid directly to the pension provider (in which case they’re asked for separately).

The forms and guidance are quite clear
paulha
Rep:
?
not that clear ipay into my own private pension where tax is added by provider do sfe deduct the net figure that i pay or the gross figure including added tax from our gross income to assess household income for sons loan can't get a straight answer
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
not that clear ipay into my own private pension where tax is added by provider do sfe deduct the net figure that i pay or the gross figure including added tax from our gross income to assess household income for sons loan can't get a straight answer
You’re asked to provide the total amount you paid (not the figure with added tax) on the form
Name:  11F06ED4-460F-4C5A-9790-70B050DBA04B.jpeg
Views: 18
Size:  35.2 KB

They take your gross taxable income and remove the amount you paid if it wasn’t paid through your payslip.
paulha
Rep:
?
ok thanks so sfe assess household income as gross pay befoe tax and pension contributions as net without tax relief making household income higher suppose they make the rules cheers
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ok thanks so sfe assess household income as gross pay befoe tax and pension contributions as net without tax relief making household income higher suppose they make the rules cheers
The government make the rules. They’re full of odd decisions.

SFE just follow the rules set in legislation (and deal with the complaints about rules they didn’t make).
paulha
Rep:
?
thanks for clearing up for me cheers mate
beamyup
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I think you should check the answer on this thread https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...php?p=88023674
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (59)
4.57%
Uncertainty around my education (200)
15.49%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (143)
11.08%
Lack of purpose or motivation (183)
14.18%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (58)
4.49%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (72)
5.58%
Loneliness (114)
8.83%
Financial worries (45)
3.49%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (59)
4.57%
Exposure to negative news/social media (59)
4.57%
Lack of real life entertainment (68)
5.27%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (113)
8.75%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (118)
9.14%

Watched Threads