Zli.134
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hey guys i need help real quick. I’m confused bw management and ITMB (at Manchester). I’m thinking of ITMB bc of more employer engagement and the fact that tech skills are in demand in all careers. A career that is just IT related would be like a backup for me but definitely not my first choice. I want to do something in business for sure. So should i go for ITMB keeping in mind my priorities and goals? Or is ITMB mostly just a tech course for tech careers ?
Mueez Khan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Zli.134)
Hey guys i need help real quick. I’m confused bw management and ITMB (at Manchester). I’m thinking of ITMB bc of more employer engagement and the fact that tech skills are in demand in all careers. A career that is just IT related would be like a backup for me but definitely not my first choice. I want to do something in business for sure. So should i go for ITMB keeping in mind my priorities and goals? Or is ITMB mostly just a tech course for tech careers ?
I applied for that course too in manchester and got rejected lol, keep in mind though that the course is very competitive at Manchester. I'd say just look at the modules and electives and see whether they suit ur liking, if so then you can try ITMB. But if you dont like the tech side, then go for business management
Zli.134
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mueez Khan)
I applied for that course too in manchester and got rejected lol, keep in mind though that the course is very competitive at Manchester. I'd say just look at the modules and electives and see whether they suit ur liking, if so then you can try ITMB. But if you dont like the tech side, then go for business management
Thanks for the reply. Still really confused tho :/
My main concern is that everyone that I’ve heard talking about this course (ppl who are enrolled in it or people who plan to), all seem to be mainly IT focused and seem to want to build a career in tech and I don’t want that I don’t want something that’s very IT focused and some people even compare it to computer science.
Mueez Khan
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Thanks for the reply. Still really confused tho :/
My main concern is that everyone that I’ve heard talking about this course (ppl who are enrolled in it or people who plan to), all seem to be mainly IT focused and seem to want to build a career in tech and I don’t want that I don’t want something that’s very IT focused and some people even compare it to computer science.
Who've you heard from that its somewhat like computer science?
Zli.134
Rep:
?
Who've you heard from that its somewhat like computer science?
Not exactly that but a few ppl who are on it and a few who plan on it say how they were initially confused bw itmb and comp sci
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Waste of time. You don't fall into a management position because of the course you did. That comes with actual commercial experience. With regards to IT/tech roles, I have never hired an engineer that did not have actual commercial experience, side projects, portfolio or an apprenticeship. In my experience and many recruiters and tech leads I've dealt with, tech related degrees are out of touch with the real world and do not translate very well into the workplace. In this industry, experience is what counts above anything else. Unless you're one of the lucky few to get into a graduate scheme. My degree in computer science had nothing to do with my role as a lead engineer, that only came with years of experience.
Zli.134
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hey so ik im super late buttt when u said the course is competitive at Manchester, did u mean its hard to get in or competitive once u get in ?
Mueez Khan
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey so ik im super late buttt when u said the course is competitive at Manchester, did u mean its hard to get in or competitive once u get in ?
hard to get in. Dont know about how competitive it is once you get in cuz i havent started uni yet(gonna start this fall)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.35%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.1%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
17.96%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (64)
26.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed