Estudian
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
What are the key reasons why someone would choose study GCSE Business and be good at it?

Thanks for reading this 😊

-Estudian
username5458796
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I take gcse business and don't enjoy it.
Estudian
Rep:
?
(Original post by umchileanyways)
I take gcse business and don't enjoy it.
Why?
username5458796
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Estudian)
Why?
I don't enjoy it doesn't mean that you won't either. I take btec business and I have to write a report about my chosen business and if it wasn't for covid then the school would organised trips for me to interview the owner business and little things like that. I suggest you read what your course is about and what you have to do and then revaluate if you will enjoy it and if its a subject you could get a good grade in. Hope this helped
Estudian
Rep:
?
(Original post by umchileanyways)
I don't enjoy it doesn't mean that you won't either. I take btec business and I have to write a report about my chosen business and if it wasn't for covid then the school would organised trips for me to interview the owner business and little things like that. I suggest you read what your course is about and what you have to do and then revaluate if you will enjoy it and if its a subject you could get a good grade in. Hope this helped
Thank you for your advice.
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Estudian)
What are the key reasons why someone would choose study GCSE Business and be good at it?

Thanks for reading this 😊

-Estudian
Hey Estudian

I studied GCSE Business in high school and really enjoyed it. Of course everyone will have a different experience, but for me I really enjoyed learning the fundamentals of business, which has helped shape what I have gone on to study. I moved on to study Business in college and then Marketing at undergraduate level and Advertising and Marketing at masters level here at Hull. I think there are many reasons why you may want to study, firstly if you are interested in learning about about what makes a business successful, important sectors of a business (like Marketing, HRM etc.) starting your own business or just interested in learning about business in general. Additionally, I learnt a lot of key skills in this GCSE such as presenting skills and interview skills, as none of my other courses taught me this. I think it definitely helped give me a head start in my college course

Megan
University of Hull Student Rep
starinthenight
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
i didnt really enjoy it either but if u follow structure and exam technique its quite an easy going subject, if u like memorising and application of this knowledge (this a big part of gcse business) then ull do amazing
pancakesbob7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I did AQA Business at GCSE. I wouldv'e enjoyed it more if I was in a class with friends, found this one of the easiest and straightforward subjects as you just memorise facts and there were only 2 or 3 long answer answer structures I had to learn and reproduce in the exam.

So much better if you choose it with friends (I know teachers say that it doesn't matter if you're friends are in a class w you or not, but at GCSE it does make a difference - it got quite lonely at times due to me being introverted).
Estudian
Rep:
?
(Original post by Uni of Hull Students)
Hey Estudian

I studied GCSE Business in high school and really enjoyed it. Of course everyone will have a different experience, but for me I really enjoyed learning the fundamentals of business, which has helped shape what I have gone on to study. I moved on to study Business in college and then Marketing at undergraduate level and Advertising and Marketing at masters level here at Hull. I think there are many reasons why you may want to study, firstly if you are interested in learning about about what makes a business successful, important sectors of a business (like Marketing, HRM etc.) starting your own business or just interested in learning about business in general. Additionally, I learnt a lot of key skills in this GCSE such as presenting skills and interview skills, as none of my other courses taught me this. I think it definitely helped give me a head start in my college course

Megan
University of Hull Student Rep
Thank you for your response! It is good to hear that GCSE Business teaches you a variety of useful skills.
Estudian
Rep:
?
(Original post by pancakesbob7)
I did AQA Business at GCSE. I wouldv'e enjoyed it more if I was in a class with friends, found this one of the easiest and straightforward subjects as you just memorise facts and there were only 2 or 3 long answer answer structures I had to learn and reproduce in the exam.

So much better if you choose it with friends (I know teachers say that it doesn't matter if you're friends are in a class w you or not, but at GCSE it does make a difference - it got quite lonely at times due to me being introverted).
Thank you for your advice; one of my friends is also taking Business GCSE. Hopefully, we are in the same class.
Estudian
Rep:
?
(Original post by 1hhh)
i didnt really enjoy it either but if u follow structure and exam technique its quite an easy going subject, if u like memorising and application of this knowledge (this a big part of gcse business) then ull do amazing
Ok, thanks. I'll keep this in mind : )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (209)
43.54%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (56)
11.67%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (36)
7.5%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (102)
21.25%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (50)
10.42%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed