The Student Room Group

virgin at 16

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
is this normal? everyones lost their virginity and then theres me :frown:

Yeah, you get a lot of teenagers that think they're so grown up because they've had sex, or they've got a boyfriend or a girlfriend. When the reality is that they are not mature at all.

It's more mature to not have a sexual relationship at the age of 16 than it is to have one.
Especially when they don't take suitable precautions against infections and pregnancy.
And when their GCSE or A level studies suffer as a result.
And when their boyfriend or girlfriend lacks the emotional maturity to have a proper relationship with them, instead of one where they just give the other partner a load of grief.

Leaving your first sexual encounter until you have moved away from home, for work or to go to uni is a very sensible and mature way to deal with losing your virginity.
there's absolutely nothing wrong with being a virgin, especially at 16. you have your entire life ahead of you, being virgin at 16 is completely normal and not something to be ashamed of. I think the average age that people lose their virginity in the uk is 17/18 anyway.
and just because other people are having sex already, doesn't mean you need to be🤷*♀️
i wish i could say that the 16 year old thingy
Original post by xDmochi
It’s ok to not lose your virginity???
im in my 20’s and a virgin, I’m waiting until marriage
your perfectly normal, and honestly waiting for a special person is a good idea

yeah i guess :frown:
Original post by the_pharaoh
ur pretty normal most of the people around me haven't lost it

are you 16 tho? or a virgin? it just feels weird my friends even take the piss out of me
Original post by Dell PC 2
I think it's normal.

hm maybe :frown:
16 seems so young to me, knew no one who lost their virginity before uni

unis so far way
Original post by umchileanyways
It's honestly so normal. Social Media glamourizes teens losing their v-card. I am 14 and I know people my age who get worried at the fact they are virgins.

yeah thats true
It's perfectly normal to still be a virgin at 16. A lot of people still are going in their 20s. I think sex at younger ages is over exaggerated and really isn't a big deal.
i'm in the usa about all my friends lost it at 12 13 14
Original post by wap.wap.wap
i wish i could say that the 16 year old thingy

what 16 year old thingy
there's absolutely nothing wrong with being a virgin, especially at 16. you have your entire life ahead of you, being virgin at 16 is completely normal and not something to be ashamed of. I think the average age that people lose their virginity in the uk is 17/18 anyway.
and just because other people are having sex already, doesn't mean you need to be🤷*♀️

ik but it just feels wierd idk why . i shouldve just done it i regret it so much 😂
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
Yeah, you get a lot of teenagers that think they're so grown up because they've had sex, or they've got a boyfriend or a girlfriend. When the reality is that they are not mature at all.

It's more mature to not have a sexual relationship at the age of 16 than it is to have one.
Especially when they don't take suitable precautions against infections and pregnancy.
And when their GCSE or A level studies suffer as a result.
And when their boyfriend or girlfriend lacks the emotional maturity to have a proper relationship with them, instead of one where they just give the other partner a load of grief.

Leaving your first sexual encounter until you have moved away from home, for work or to go to uni is a very sensible and mature way to deal with losing your virginity.

im at good grades rn like 7/8 and ik people who are not virgins but really clever...

i hope so :frown: yeah probably .. thanks

are you 16 tho? or a virgin? it just feels weird my friends even take the piss out of me

yes i am both and everyone around me is around that age

personally i wish i could lose it but religion is binding me

im almost 18 and im a virgin.
your friends are **** friends if they're making you feel like its wrong to be a virgin.
its really not a big deal, and when you're older you'll realise that honestly no one gives a **** if you're a virgin or not
i got mine lowkey tooking by force
yes i am both and everyone around me is around that age

personally i wish i could lose it but religion is binding me

muslim? same

ive had the oppurtunity to so many times but i feel so guilty like my parents trust me not to do sh/8t like that but its just idk :/

If you’re not normal at 16, then what am I at 18😭😂

Don’t worry girl don’t feel pressured it’ll happen when it’s the right time. Most people who have done it your age will probably regret it rushing later on

its pretty normal, just remember dont feel pressured into doing it just because others have already done it
muslim? same

ive had the oppurtunity to so many times but i feel so guilty like my parents trust me not to do sh/8t like that but its just idk :/

yes

i probs dont have the same oppurtunity as u cuz i live in a muslim country but im sure when i got to uni ill get and ill have to turn them down

It's ok, i'm 20 this year, and i'm still a virgin. I think i'll keep it that way longer
i think that's normal lol.
Original post by ItsStarLordMan
It's perfectly normal to still be a virgin at 16. A lot of people still are going in their 20s. I think sex at younger ages is over exaggerated and really isn't a big deal.

oh okay thank you thats helped maybe i should just wait

yes

i probs dont have the same oppurtunity as u cuz i live in a muslim country but im sure when i got to uni ill get and ill have to turn them down

oh . yeah im from the uk its hard but it is what it is i guess.
Original post by wap.wap.wap
i'm in the usa about all my friends lost it at 12 13 14

bruh you americans are special. how on earth do you think about sex at 12 ? when i was 12 i playing with bb guns
oh okay thank you thats helped maybe i should just wait

Yeah I agree. I'm 17 (almost 18) and I've never even had a boyfriend or my first kiss. I think a lot more people say or act like they have than is actually true. You need to think about when you're ready and if it's for the right reasons. Comparing yourself to when others have done it is not the right way to go about it because it could have been meaningless, awful or for the wrong reasons and you'd never know that. Just be true to yourself and wait for the right person and the right time. :smile:
I think it's normal I mean it would be better to lose it when you're a bit older in my opinion than when you're still a child and really young. I haven't lost mine yet and I'm 16

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending