Just compulsively ate. No one to talk to. Please help.

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I just overate so so much compulsively, now I feel so guilty and ashamed and I’m trying not to cry so much at how disgusting I feel. I go back to in school lessons on Tuesday and I feel so unprepared to come in with this kind of eating habit/binge eating disorder whatever. I feel like I wanna just starve myself until tomorrow but then I’m scared to overeat again.

Girls with flat stomachs, thin bodies, thin legs, you’re so beautiful, I wish I could look like you. I feel so guilty and it’s my fault for eating so so much even when I’m not hungry. Even wearing these jogging bottoms make me feel so fat as they have a band that’s tightened around my now bulging stomach.

I feel so guilty and I have no one to talk to about it, I’m just searching for words of comfort here instead of going back downstairs to stuff my face again.
Interea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I just overate so so much compulsively, now I feel so guilty and ashamed and I’m trying not to cry so much at how disgusting I feel. I go back to in school lessons on Tuesday and I feel so unprepared to come in with this kind of eating habit/binge eating disorder whatever. I feel like I wanna just starve myself until tomorrow but then I’m scared to overeat again.

Girls with flat stomachs, thin bodies, thin legs, you’re so beautiful, I wish I could look like you. I feel so guilty and it’s my fault for eating so so much even when I’m not hungry. Even wearing these jogging bottoms make me feel so fat as they have a band that’s tightened around my now bulging stomach.

I feel so guilty and I have no one to talk to about it, I’m just searching for words of comfort here instead of going back downstairs to stuff my face again.
Hey, I'm not an expert on this sort of thing but I don't want you to have to feel alone right now :console: I think it's important to remember that it's just one day - I promise your body can deal with it absolutely fine without you having to try and counteract it in some way. Going back to school is a big step, but hopefully getting that more structured routine back will help you to keep focused on something else instead, and I wish you the very best of luck with it!
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago

im not a professional or anything but starving urself wont help in any way, try to have more regular meals in smaller portions during the day and make sure the food you do eat is healthy. next time you feel hungry try drinking water instead, cos you mightve just mistaken hunger for thirst. if you want you could also try exercising, nothing too serious and dont overdo it if you do (take breaks and dont do it every day).
axxxxxa
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Beautiful is not about looks, beautiful is being healthy and feeling like your best self.

Binge/ compulsive eating is a way we compensate for our emotions even when you're not hungry. It's a viscous cycle... eat > guilt > eat again. Please don't starve yourself. Try to go back to a "normal" eating routine if you had one (I know "normal" is vague, but a simple guide is the 3 meals a day).

Go easy on yourself and don't beat yourself up for it. You made a small slip, so what? You can get back up again. It's not easy, I get that but it's not impossible either. You can do this!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Interea)
Hey, I'm not an expert on this sort of thing but I don't want you to have to feel alone right now :console: I think it's important to remember that it's just one day - I promise your body can deal with it absolutely fine without you having to try and counteract it in some way. Going back to school is a big step, but hopefully getting that more structured routine back will help you to keep focused on something else instead, and I wish you the very best of luck with it!
Thank you so much. This has been going on for some time now, it’s becoming more frequent chu is also why I’m worried. But thank you, I really appreciated this ♥️✨
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Interea)
Thank you so much. This has been going on for some time now, it’s becoming more frequent chu is also why I’m worried. But thank you, I really appreciated this ♥️✨

im not a professional or anything but starving urself wont help in any way, try to have more regular meals in smaller portions during the day and make sure the food you do eat is healthy. next time you feel hungry try drinking water instead, cos you mightve just mistaken hunger for thirst. if you want you could also try exercising, nothing too serious and dont overdo it if you do (take breaks and dont do it every day).
I do exercise most days, I’m about a healthy weight but I’m scared of gaining so:.. just wanna resolve this, you know? Before it goes any further. Thanks for stopping by and supporting me 😊🌺
Anonymous #1
(Original post by axxxxxa)
Beautiful is not about looks, beautiful is being healthy and feeling like your best self.

Binge/ compulsive eating is a way we compensate for our emotions even when you're not hungry. It's a viscous cycle... eat > guilt > eat again. Please don't starve yourself. Try to go back to a "normal" eating routine if you had one (I know "normal" is vague, but a simple guide is the 3 meals a day).

Go easy on yourself and don't beat yourself up for it. You made a small slip, so what? You can get back up again. It's not easy, I get that but it's not impossible either. You can do this!
It’s been going on for some time now. I really appreciate what you ve said and it’s really helped me. I’ll keep in mind what you said, have a wonderful day
cc2804
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Woah, give yourself a break. Don’t compare yourself to anyone. I know the internet makes you think a certain way but trust me. True beauty is on the inside. Now I’m older I’ve realised this but I used to think like you. Nobody can be you as good as you can an that makes you unique and amazing.

Re binge eating, don’t get yourself so down. There’s a reason why you’re doing it and you need to probably speak to someone about it. Lockdowns been hard on everyone in many ways. But don’t put yourself down or you’ll only make yourself feel even worse.

Also, starving yourself will not solve any problems doll. You need to establish a positive relationship with food. But please love yourself. ❤️
Anonymous #1
(Original post by cc2804)
Woah, give yourself a break. Don’t compare yourself to anyone. I know the internet makes you think a certain way but trust me. True beauty is on the inside. Now I’m older I’ve realised this but I used to think like you. Nobody can be you as good as you can an that makes you unique and amazing.

Re binge eating, don’t get yourself so down. There’s a reason why you’re doing it and you need to probably speak to someone about it. Lockdowns been hard on everyone in many ways. But don’t put yourself down or you’ll only make yourself feel even worse.

Also, starving yourself will not solve any problems doll. You need to establish a positive relationship with food. But please love yourself. ❤️
Thank you so much, I hadn’t realised until you pointed it out to me, there’s a nurse at school I usually speak to. I’ll get help that way.
I appreciate it, have a great day ✨🌺
cc2804
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you so much, I hadn’t realised until you pointed it out to me, there’s a nurse at school I usually speak to. I’ll get help that way.
I appreciate it, have a great day ✨🌺

I feel so hard for you younger ones with the pressures of life and social media etc. Trust me, once you finish school and head to college etc, things will change.

I’m 29, and I wish I hadn’t put so much stress on myself when I was younger to look a certain way. As long as you’re as happy as you can be, that’s the best way to be. Your mental Health is so much more important!

If you need anyone to talk to or a little positivity boost. Feel free to give me a message ☺️ have a good sleep and tomorrow is a brand new day 🥰
username4524630
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I feel so hard for you younger ones with the pressures of life and social media etc. Trust me, once you finish school and head to college etc, things will change.

I’m 29, and I wish I hadn’t put so much stress on myself when I was younger to look a certain way. As long as you’re as happy as you can be, that’s the best way to be. Your mental Health is so much more important!

If you need anyone to talk to or a little positivity boost. Feel free to give me a message ☺️ have a good sleep and tomorrow is a brand new day 🥰
Just cause you’re 29 doesn’t mean it’s the end. Set an example and be who you want OP to be. Nothing is impossible. Well done for maturing but it doesn’t end there. Live your best life and keep on becoming the better you.
cc2804
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BiggestLoser21)
Just cause you’re 29 doesn’t mean it’s the end. Set an example and be who you want OP to be. Nothing is impossible. Well done for maturing but it doesn’t end there. Live your best life and keep on becoming the better you.
Where did I say that I thought being 29 was the end? Im simply saying that when you get older you realise that some things aren’t as important as you think they are?
Last edited by cc2804; 1 month ago
username4524630
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Where did I say that I thought being 29 was the end? Im simply saying that when you get older you realise that some things aren’t as important as you think they are?
No no. I meant it as advice though. You’re a lot wiser as you’re older now and you sound a lot wiser since you learnt from your past experiences. As long as you are determined to have a better life and help others, you’re truly beautiful inside and out. Should have re-read my first reply
cc2804
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BiggestLoser21)
No no. I meant it as advice though. You’re a lot wiser as you’re older now and you sound a lot wiser since you learnt from your past experiences. As long as you are determined to have a better life and help others, you’re truly beautiful inside and out. Should have re-read my first reply
I see, apologies! Thank you. Have a great weekend 🥰
username4524630
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I see, apologies! Thank you. Have a great weekend 🥰
No problem. I appreciate your advice towards OP. You have a good heart. Thanks and same to you
Scotney
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Please talk to the school nurse and GP about this problem. You are correct to want to intervene before it gets worse. This kind of eating disorder is about feeling out of control of your life and let's face it we are all feeling that right now! But the sooner you reach out for help the better. Well done for not being in denial but do not blame yourself in anyway. There is help available if you reach out. If you can afford it go private as it will be quicker. Take care and be kind to yourself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (59)
4.57%
Uncertainty around my education (199)
15.43%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (143)
11.09%
Lack of purpose or motivation (183)
14.19%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (58)
4.5%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (72)
5.58%
Loneliness (114)
8.84%
Financial worries (45)
3.49%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (59)
4.57%
Exposure to negative news/social media (59)
4.57%
Lack of real life entertainment (68)
5.27%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (113)
8.76%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (118)
9.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed