Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My mum said if I'm not happy then leave so I went to speak to my mates if they want to get a flat with me and they said yeah so I'm leaving but now she's crying literally because I am going. She said if I don't want to be here then leave and now I'm leaving but she can't take it. I think my mum didn't think I would actually leave so she was saying it so I listen to her. The reason I'm leaving because she had rules which I don't like so first she was saying she'll leave because she's tired of the family so she didn't do it and stayed so a few months later I thought I'll leave because shes not going anywhere anytime soon so I'll just leave because she had these stupid rules. Its my dads house, basically my parents are divorced but my mum needed somewhere to stay so he let her stay in his house but she started bringing rules in and taking over so I dealt with it for a bit but I'm sick of it so I'm done.

Everyone stopped following her rules and she was moaning saying she'll leave like she never did it though and I told her that why can't she leave instead of talking about it. I did a few posts on here and people said I should leave so I am. I was living with my dad because my parents divorced when I was younger like 2 3 years ago, we had this house then my parents divorced so I went with my dad and my mum got this flat but a few years later our mum came to our dad saying she wants to go here because she got kicked out of her flat then she came her and made rules so I dealt with it but I can't do it anymore so I'm done im leaving.

Now she was getting all upset with me leaving. My dad said to me I should have told him that I wasn't happy and he would have kicked my mum out. My dad isn't stopping me from leaving but he wants me to stay, he said he'll kick my mum out and we agreed she shouldn't be living here because shes his ex wife anyway and shes just basically took over. Before my mum moved in we had no rules. Im not sure what to do because my dad wants me to stay and he'll kick my mum out but I've I don't want to mess my friends about and cancel everything.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Trust your gut instinct and listen to what your feelings are telling you.

Your mother sounds controlling, manipulative and toxic.
Do you know anything about why she had to leave the flat she used to live in?
Your mother is very unlikely to ever change her mentality or habits- so the cycle will remain unchanged until you make the change.
Your father doesn't seem able or inclined to put his foot down for once and for all.
If it were me, I would move out for at least 6 month and refuse to return or even visit the house while she remains a resident.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by londonmyst)
Trust your gut instinct and listen to what your feelings are telling you.

Your mother sounds controlling, manipulative and toxic.
Do you know anything about why she had to leave the flat she used to live in?
Your mother is very unlikely to ever change her mentality or habits- so the cycle will remain unchanged until you make the change.
Your father doesn't seem able or inclined to put his foot down for once and for all.
If it were me, I would move out for at least 6 month and refuse to return or even visit the house while she remains a resident.
Yes she is controlling and all that. I think she wasn't paying her rent at the flat.

Thanks for your reply
Anonymous #1
Bump
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What’s the issue?
You’re moving out-you’re an adult and have made a decision. (Finally)
What’s the problem?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
What’s the issue?
You’re moving out-you’re an adult and have made a decision. (Finally)
What’s the problem?
Shes trying to stop me
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Shes trying to stop me
You’re an adult, how is she going to do that?
Anonymous #1
You’re an adult, how is she going to do that?
Physically force me
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Physically force me
Not possible,
Next excuse?
Anonymous #1
Not possible,
Next excuse?
How is it not possible? Is there like a physical guard to to stop her physically stopping me? No, she physically hurts me all the time . You don't know me from outside the internet fgs
I'm not making excuses anyway im just asking what i should do, I will do it regardless if I decide to but im just asking on here which option is best
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If someone if physically restraining you to prevent you leaving, you call the police. Job done.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Admit-One)
If someone if physically restraining you to prevent you leaving, you call the police. Job done.
Sure thanks Admit-One
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
My mum said if I'm not happy then leave so I went to speak to my mates if they want to get a flat with me and they said yeah so I'm leaving but now she's crying literally because I am going. She said if I don't want to be here then leave and now I'm leaving but she can't take it. I think my mum didn't think I would actually leave so she was saying it so I listen to her. The reason I'm leaving because she had rules which I don't like so first she was saying she'll leave because she's tired of the family so she didn't do it and stayed so a few months later I thought I'll leave because shes not going anywhere anytime soon so I'll just leave because she had these stupid rules. Its my dads house, basically my parents are divorced but my mum needed somewhere to stay so he let her stay in his house but she started bringing rules in and taking over so I dealt with it for a bit but I'm sick of it so I'm done.

Everyone stopped following her rules and she was moaning saying she'll leave like she never did it though and I told her that why can't she leave instead of talking about it. I did a few posts on here and people said I should leave so I am. I was living with my dad because my parents divorced when I was younger like 2 3 years ago, we had this house then my parents divorced so I went with my dad and my mum got this flat but a few years later our mum came to our dad saying she wants to go here because she got kicked out of her flat then she came her and made rules so I dealt with it but I can't do it anymore so I'm done im leaving.

Now she was getting all upset with me leaving. My dad said to me I should have told him that I wasn't happy and he would have kicked my mum out. My dad isn't stopping me from leaving but he wants me to stay, he said he'll kick my mum out and we agreed she shouldn't be living here because shes his ex wife anyway and shes just basically took over. Before my mum moved in we had no rules. Im not sure what to do because my dad wants me to stay and he'll kick my mum out but I've I don't want to mess my friends about and cancel everything.
sick!
Call police on parents?
Controlling?

Wow... you guys are amazing...
Such a shame....

Parents go through mental health issues and instead of learning to take care of them and handling them you guys grow up into Jerks!

Never expected this response from a few who've participated in the thread cuz I've known them from a long time.
Anonymous #1
sick!
Call police on parents?
Controlling?

Wow... you guys are amazing...
Such a shame....

Parents go through mental health issues and instead of learning to take care of them and handling them you guys grow up into Jerks!

Never expected this response from a few who've participated in the thread cuz I've known them from a long time.
OK
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
You just have to go for it, do what's right for you. Your mum will be upset, it's parental instinct. I'm (19) most likely going to be moving out of my parents in September and my mum's already getting nervous about the whole thing and saying she doesn't want me to leave.

Things will get better once you move out. Your mum will adjust (try to keep contact with her, even if it's difficult for you, as that will help her a lot) to your absence shortly.
Anonymous #1
You just have to go for it, do what's right for you. Your mum will be upset, it's parental instinct. I'm (19) most likely going to be moving out of my parents in September and my mum's already getting nervous about the whole thing and saying she doesn't want me to leave.

Things will get better once you move out. Your mum will adjust (try to keep contact with her, even if it's difficult for you, as that will help her a lot) to your absence shortly.
OK thanks for replying
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
Move out and then you can eat takeaways and gaming as much as you like...
Anonymous #1
Move out and then you can eat takeaways and gaming as much as you like...
Ok
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (126)
4.93%
Uncertainty around my education (378)
14.78%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (283)
11.06%
Lack of purpose or motivation (359)
14.03%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (119)
4.65%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (155)
6.06%
Loneliness (218)
8.52%
Financial worries (94)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (106)
4.14%
Exposure to negative news/social media (120)
4.69%
Lack of real life entertainment (135)
5.28%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (224)
8.76%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (241)
9.42%

Watched Threads