helpme111
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I have a maths a level test on Tuesday on the topics 7-9 on pure and 4 and 5 for mechanics. I thought I should go over the year 12 topics that can come up so I’ve done logs and differentiation year 12 and now I’m doing parametric equations and then the mixed questions for all the topics. I’m planning on watching videos and then after doing the mixed exercises going into past paper questions hopefully on Sunday and on Monday I can ask my teacher on any questions I don’t get. Does this seem like a reasonable plan to achieve an A or is there anything else I could do to improve my grade in such a short time?
superbo9y
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Questions Questions Questions - variety is key - answering like this is best preparation - trust me.

tell me your exam board and exactly which topics you'll be assesed on, i can help, helpme111

nice name too
helpme111
Rep:
?
(Original post by superbo9y)
Questions Questions Questions - variety is key - answering like this is best preparation - trust me.

tell me your exam board and exactly which topics you'll be assesed on, i can help, helpme111

nice name too
I’m on edexcel and the topics are parametric equations, differentiation , trigonometry and modelling, moments and forces and friction. this is the year 2 topics. Thank you!
superbo9y
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
just finally aswell, do you have access to the pearson edexcel a-level mathematics (blue book)? helpme111
helpme111
Rep:
?
just finally aswell, do you have access to the pearson edexcel a-level mathematics (blue book)? helpme111
Yes I do
superbo9y
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Ok you have 2 days, you cannot stop working - you can't afford to do that!
Of course, take mini--breaks, but that's about it. Only when you've done your exam, then breathe.

Ok, I've compiled a little crash-course for your topics, purely based on examsolutions.net (shoutout Shaun), along with your Edexcel Textbook. I'm also assuming you have pretty much full knowledge (more or less) of these topics, if you're going for the grade A/A*.

Each topic has mixed exercises (from your textbook), full, step-by-step solutions (from SolutionBank, no less), sub-topic tutorials (short vids explaining a subtopic from each chapter) and some more practice based on the same idea, and that's about it.

Also, I'm pretty sure all the solutions for the 'more practice' - [sub-topic based exam questions] are all explained in a small 1-2 min video, making life easier to deal with.

Furthermore,remember the website Geogebra has useful visualisations of how graphs look (this should only be used to check your answer, or purely for yourself, certaintly not while attempting questions). Similarly, Cymath simplifies and solves equations, its bascially a scientific calculator with step-by-step answers (no use using it for questions, remember!)

I recommend doing the exam-practice from exam solutions, then go through the solutions - if you know a topic already, move on (there's a lot of content). Keep going until you have completed a chapter worth of questions, then move to chapter 2 - differentiation, etc.

Then, either move on to chapter 2, or complete the mixed exercises for chapter 1, then mark it, only then move to chapter 2 (whatever suits you best)
I would say good luck, but you can't rely on that right now

Work hard and don't stop!

Spoiler:
Show
For 1-3, to access the Tutorials + Exam Practice + Explained Answers, its this link
to navigate to the right section, just follow the steps

1. Parametric Equations -

Spoiler:
Show
Mixed Exercises
Spoiler:
Show
Pg 220-224

Full Solutions

Tutorials + Exam Practice + Explained Answers
Spoiler:
Show
Coordinate Geometry--> Parametric Equations-Playlist

2. Differentiation

Mixed Exercises
Spoiler:
Show
Page 265-272

Full Solutions

Spoiler:
Show
Differentiation

3. Trigonometry

Mixed Exercises
Spoiler:
Show

Trigonometry And Modelling
Spoiler:
Show
Page 192-195

Full Solutions

Spoiler:
Show
Trigonometry

4. Moments

Mixed Exercises

Spoiler:
Show
Check your book! Sorry I'm unsure of page number
if you don't have the book, just use the exam practice below

Full Solutions

Steps
Spoiler:
Show
Equilibrium of a rigid body --> Moments

5. Forces And Friction

Spoiler:
Show
Again, unsure of the page - its the Mechanics Book (2) - Pearson Edexcel

Mixed Exercises

Steps

Spoiler:
Show
Statics Of A Particle --> Forces or Friction (just choose the one you want to revise)
helpme111
Rep:
?
Ok you have 2 days, you cannot stop working - you can't afford to do that!
Of course, take mini--breaks, but that's about it. Only when you've done your exam, then breathe.

Ok, I've compiled a little crash-course for your topics, purely based on examsolutions.net (shoutout Shaun), along with your Edexcel Textbook. I'm also assuming you have pretty much full knowledge (more or less) of these topics, if you're going for the grade A/A*.

Each topic has mixed exercises (from your textbook), full, step-by-step solutions (from SolutionBank, no less), sub-topic tutorials (short vids explaining a subtopic from each chapter) and some more practice based on the same idea, and that's about it.

Also, I'm pretty sure all the solutions for the 'more practice' - [sub-topic based exam questions] are all explained in a small 1-2 min video, making life easier to deal with.

Furthermore,remember the website Geogebra has useful visualisations of how graphs look (this should only be used to check your answer, or purely for yourself, certaintly not while attempting questions). Similarly, Cymath simplifies and solves equations, its bascially a scientific calculator with step-by-step answers (no use using it for questions, remember!)

I recommend doing the exam-practice from exam solutions, then go through the solutions - if you know a topic already, move on (there's a lot of content). Keep going until you have completed a chapter worth of questions, then move to chapter 2 - differentiation, etc.

Then, either move on to chapter 2, or complete the mixed exercises for chapter 1, then mark it, only then move to chapter 2 (whatever suits you best)
I would say good luck, but you can't rely on that right now

Work hard and don't stop!

Spoiler:
Show
For 1-3, to access the Tutorials + Exam Practice + Explained Answers, its this link
to navigate to the right section, just follow the steps

1. Parametric Equations -

Spoiler:
Show
Mixed Exercises
Spoiler:
Show
Pg 220-224

Full Solutions

Spoiler:
Show
Coordinate Geometry--> Parametric Equations-Playlist

2. Differentiation

Mixed Exercises
Spoiler:
Show
Page 265-272

Full Solutions

Spoiler:
Show
Differentiation

3. Trigonometry

Mixed Exercises
Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show
Page 192-195

Full Solutions

Spoiler:
Show
Trigonometry

4. Moments

Mixed Exercises

Spoiler:
Show
Check your book! Sorry I'm unsure of page number
if you don't have the book, just use the exam practice below

Full Solutions

Steps
Spoiler:
Show
Equilibrium of a rigid body --> Moments

5. Forces And Friction

Spoiler:
Show
Again, unsure of the page - its the Mechanics Book (2) - Pearson Edexcel

Mixed Exercises

Steps

Spoiler:
Show
Statics Of A Particle --> Forces or Friction (just choose the one you want to revise)
Thankyou so much!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
16.52%
I need help researching courses (8)
6.96%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
6.09%
I need help with my personal statement (44)
38.26%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (28)
24.35%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
1.74%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (7)
6.09%

Watched Threads