facial odor

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
For some reason, my face is smelling bad?
It's been like this for the past couple months and I have no idea why.
I have very oily skin - is that why? When I wake up in the morning it smells bad. A couple hours after I wash my face it starts to smell again, and the smell gets worse throughout the day. I have tried using different cleansers, and tried not using my moisturiser for a couple of days to try and filter out what's causing it but there isn't a difference??? Please help.
sunny.side.up
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The oily skin could be part of it. Do you sweat a lot? That could be the source of the odor.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sunny.side.up)
The oily skin could be part of it. Do you sweat a lot? That could be the source of the odor.
I dont think I sweat a lot
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

What do you clean your face with
sunny.side.up
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm not sure then. You could be using a product that's unhealthy for your skin and it causes an odor.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
What do you clean your face with
Lacura cleansing milk (I think thats what it's called?) Though my face smelled even before using that (I used Neutrogena Refreshingly Clear Exfoliator back then).
Moisturiser - Dove Silky Nourishment Body Cream
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This sounds a bit odd. How do you know it's your face? I'm literally can't think of a way in which I could smell my own face...
Anonymous #1
(Original post by black tea)
This sounds a bit odd. How do you know it's your face? I'm literally can't think of a way in which I could smell my own face...
Whenever I wash my face (sometimes even with water during middle of the day when I get so bothered by it) the smell goes away for a bit but then it comes back after a couple hours. My sister tells me my face smells as well - it sometimes gets to the point where my room smells like my face as in after I go out of my room and then come back in it smells like it.

So far I think its the moisturiser Im using since the smell smells kinda like it (?) And my face odor started around the time I began using it. I've bought a new moisturiser so I'll be trying that out. Hopefully it will work
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Whenever I wash my face (sometimes even with water during middle of the day when I get so bothered by it) the smell goes away for a bit but then it comes back after a couple hours. My sister tells me my face smells as well - it sometimes gets to the point where my room smells like my face as in after I go out of my room and then come back in it smells like it.

So far I think its the moisturiser Im using since the smell smells kinda like it (?) And my face odor started around the time I began using it. I've bought a new moisturiser so I'll be trying that out. Hopefully it will work
Could be that the oils in your skin are reacting with the moisturiser, I guess. You could maybe try an unscented one to see if that helps?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by black tea)
Could be that the oils in your skin are reacting with the moisturiser, I guess. You could maybe try an unscented one to see if that helps?
Yes you could be right. I'll try to get a non scented one. Thanks for the suggestion
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (147)
4.89%
Uncertainty around my education (443)
14.73%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (338)
11.24%
Lack of purpose or motivation (419)
13.93%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (140)
4.66%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (181)
6.02%
Loneliness (258)
8.58%
Financial worries (109)
3.62%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (123)
4.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (136)
4.52%
Lack of real life entertainment (163)
5.42%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (266)
8.85%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (284)
9.44%

Watched Threads