Am I Worrying Too Quickly? (bleeding)

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hallo.

So, I'm prone to worrying over nothing, and I'm wondering if that's what's happening right now

Basically, earlier today, I started bleeding down below, despite my period not being due for another two weeks. I know what the immediate thoughts people would have, but no, I haven't had sex, so it can't be anything to do with that. Since it started, I've been feeling nauseous and have had stomach pain/discomfort. If I didn't know otherwise, I would think it's my period, but it can't be.

Other information that might be relevant is that I'm underweight (like, I'm 18 and 5'7", but only 45kg), and (like most people) I've been under a lot of stress lately.

Am I worrying about this too soon, or would it be a good idea to contact my GP or something? Any advice would be very helpful.
sy!¡
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i reckon that if the bleeding continues for a couple more days then you should contact your GP
username5678208
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hallo.

So, I'm prone to worrying over nothing, and I'm wondering if that's what's happening right now

Basically, earlier today, I started bleeding down below, despite my period not being due for another two weeks. I know what the immediate thoughts people would have, but no, I haven't had sex, so it can't be anything to do with that. Since it started, I've been feeling nauseous and have had stomach pain/discomfort. If I didn't know otherwise, I would think it's my period, but it can't be.

Other information that might be relevant is that I'm underweight (like, I'm 18 and 5'7", but only 45kg), and (like most people) I've been under a lot of stress lately.

Am I worrying about this too soon, or would it be a good idea to contact my GP or something? Any advice would be very helpful.
Contact your GP please.
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hallo.

Weighing 45 kg as a woman of 5ft 7 is more than underweight.

Are you receiving help for an eating disorder?

It is possible to have a little bleeding at ovulation, so this is what may be happening to you, but if you are feeling nauseous and are in pain, I would be inclined to recommend ringing 111 for advice.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thanks for the advice y'all. I think I will wait till tomorrow and then contact 111 for if the bleeding and everything continues. Part of the reason I'm hesitant to is because I know that at least the nausea could more be my anxiety rather than connected to the bleeding, and of course it's also my anxiety worrying about it, and then worrying about whether my worrying about it is irrational, and so on. But yeah. As y'all think I should contact someone, that's what I'll do.

(Original post by Kerzen)
Weighing 45 kg as a woman of 5ft 7 is more than underweight.

Are you receiving help for an eating disorder?
No, currently I'm not getting help for an eating disorder. In November last year (I think), my best friend's mum did help me talk to a GP about my weight issues, and I went for blood tests and was told I'm anaemic and got prescribed vitamins (that have already run out, except one that I was told to buy more of when they ran out), and that's about all that came of that, haven't spoken to the doctor since then. In terms of my weight and eating, that's about all the help I've gotten.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (187)
5.02%
Uncertainty around my education (545)
14.62%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (417)
11.19%
Lack of purpose or motivation (513)
13.76%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (184)
4.94%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (222)
5.95%
Loneliness (313)
8.4%
Financial worries (138)
3.7%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (145)
3.89%
Exposure to negative news/social media (168)
4.51%
Lack of real life entertainment (212)
5.69%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (333)
8.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (351)
9.42%

Watched Threads