The Student Room Group

creative/knowledge-oriented degree suggestions?

I regret putting computer science as my degree choice because I know I'll be bad at it, and I won't have any motivation to learn because it's not a subject I'm that enthusiastic about (only certain aspects). I basically chose it to please my family.
So, when it comes to adjustment/clearing I want to be able to choose the right degree. I no longer care too much about judgement and prioritize my happiness with the course, which is what I should've done to begin with.
My A-levels are history, psychology and maths.
I love psychology, languages, literature and music. Any degree ideas for this that would still help me get a job lol?
Languages is good.
You need to think about more than 'getting a job' when picking a degree subject.
As you have already realised, its about 'because it interests me' or 'because I'll enjoy learning more about that' - remember that whatever degree subject you chose, that and only that sbject will be what you will be studying every day for the next 3 or 4 years. Choose carefully.

With the range of A levels you are doing, you could go in a hundred different directions.
Psychology or Neuroscience. Maths, Statistics. History. Law. Any degree subject 'with quantitative methods'.

Or there there are several interesting degrees that combine the subjects you are doing :
Biology and History and Philosophy of Science : https://courses.leeds.ac.uk/4028/biology-and-history-and-philosophy-of-science-bsc
'Liberal Arts and Science' or 'Combined Honours' or 'Flexible Honours' would allow you to include a range of subjects and study the connections between them.

You sound as though you feel you have to go to Uni this year - you don't.
You could defer any place you get this year (that might appease your family) and a gap year to think about what you really do what to do. You could then cancel your current application at any point before next January and reapply for other courses for Sept 2022 entry. It important that you get this decision right, and its worth stepping back and doing some calm, clear thinking.

Quick Reply

Latest