Hey I have autism, Ask me anything

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
What the title says
Anonymous #2
Report 10 months ago
How do people react when you tell them about you having autism? Do they react differently?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
How do people react when you tell them about you having autism? Do they react differently?
Recently I met a teacher who seemed really hostile towards me. After she found out about My diagnosis she started speaking differently and I started to like her . It turns out she wasn't being hostile, I just couldn't understand how she was feeling.

Some people adapt so it's easier for me to understand. Other people try to make me feel Better about the diagnosis
iamthicccccc1405
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
Well, my brother has autism, but before I ask questions, where are you on the spectrum?
Wise Goldie
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
Recently I met a teacher who seemed really hostile towards me. After she found out about My diagnosis she started speaking differently and I started to like her . It turns out she wasn't being hostile, I just couldn't understand how she was feeling.

Some people adapt so it's easier for me to understand. Other people try to make me feel Better about the diagnosis
me too
Anonymous #1
(Original post by iamthicccccc1405)
Well, my brother has autism, but before I ask questions, where are you on the spectrum
High functioning. I have an IQ above 70 and I am only partially non verbal. I'm 17 and my " mental age" is about 11. I'm very lucky and very thankful.
iamthicccccc1405
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
High functioning. I have an IQ above 70 and I am only partially non verbal. I'm 17 and my " mental age" is about 11. I'm very lucky and very thankful.
oh then I guess you don't have any answers for me, my brother is 13 and his mental age is like 2, and his IQ is around 70 and he is mostly non verbal
Anonymous #1
oh then I guess you don't have any answers for me, my brother is 13 and his mental age is like 2, and his IQ is around 70 and he is mostly non verbal
I'm sorry. I don't understand what you mean.
say hi to your brother for me though. Hope you guys have a great weekend
iamthicccccc1405
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
I'm sorry. I don't understand what you mean.
say hi to your brother for me though. Hope you guys have a great weekend
ok thanks, and i was just hoping you could help me understand my brothers thinking
Anonymous #1
ok thanks, and i was just hoping you could help me understand my brothers thinking
ah
okay. That makes more sense. I wish I could but unfortunately I'm not him. Can he communicate with a sound board or sign language ?
iamthicccccc1405
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
ah
okay. That makes more sense. I wish I could but unfortunately I'm not him. Can he communicate with a sound board or sign language ?
he talks, its just hard to comprehend sometimes, like you would have to know his thinking process to know what he means
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.72%
Note taking apps (6)
2.46%
Flashcards (47)
19.26%
Revision guides (15)
6.15%
Past papers (115)
47.13%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.28%

Watched Threads