recommended GCSE options for an aspiring lawyer?

Watch
Scarlet.nolan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Soon I need to pick my GCSE options and I’m not too sure which ones will boost my chances of getting qualifications to become a lawyer. I would say i’m fairly intelligent- track 7-9 in most if not all of my subjects. I work hard and try to revise x3 a week, and i’ve never missed a homework! I love PSRE, so much! I’m good at history and geography however I’ve heard history is very content heavy and you have to remember lots and my memory isn’t very idealistic I think I would be prepared to revise double for subjects if it meant i had a higher chance of becoming a lawyer )
WassupLadz
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Scarlet.nolan)
Soon I need to pick my GCSE options and I’m not too sure which ones will boost my chances of getting qualifications to become a lawyer. I would say i’m fairly intelligent- track 7-9 in most if not all of my subjects. I work hard and try to revise x3 a week, and i’ve never missed a homework! I love PSRE, so much! I’m good at history and geography however I’ve heard history is very content heavy and you have to remember lots and my memory isn’t very idealistic I think I would be prepared to revise double for subjects if it meant i had a higher chance of becoming a lawyer )
Prioritise - sciences, as it makes you a clever thinker
Maths & English too.

Sciences/maths/English - you need all 9s

Next are essay Subjects - to increase the habit of writing, history is a must, geo is good to, so is religious studies.

Finally I’d say a language is good, it’s a fun subject and easy 9 if you work at it,

The rest is ur choice, take further maths if u find maths easy, it’s a good intro into maths a level.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (173)
4.93%
Uncertainty around my education (512)
14.6%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (390)
11.12%
Lack of purpose or motivation (487)
13.89%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (170)
4.85%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (213)
6.08%
Loneliness (298)
8.5%
Financial worries (128)
3.65%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (139)
3.96%
Exposure to negative news/social media (159)
4.54%
Lack of real life entertainment (195)
5.56%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (315)
8.98%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (327)
9.33%

Watched Threads