health anxiety - please reply I need help!

Watch
sunny225
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Ok so basically my health anxiety has been super bad lately and it just seems to be just as I stop worrying about one symptom another appears. Right now I have a stomach ache and my stomach feels tight and uncomfortable and I also feel like my chest feels tight and I am short of breath sometimes. Is this anxiety (because I know I am super anxious) or is it something else because I have never had this before. Can anxiety cause different symptoms every time? Please can someone help Im so worried!!!
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sunny225)
Ok so basically my health anxiety has been super bad lately and it just seems to be just as I stop worrying about one symptom another appears. Right now I have a stomach ache and my stomach feels tight and uncomfortable and I also feel like my chest feels tight and I am short of breath sometimes. Is this anxiety (because I know I am super anxious) or is it something else because I have never had this before. Can anxiety cause different symptoms every time? Please can someone help Im so worried!!!
Yes anxiety can cause all those symptoms and they can be different each time. In fact stomach problems and problems with breathing are classic symptoms of stress. I don't know if you have ever tried counselling but it sounds like it would be good for you to talk to someone about your anxieties so I would make an appointment with your doctor to explain how you are feeling and they will be able to refer you.
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is this 'just' health anxiety or am I really ill ~Said every health anxiety sufferer.

In answer to can the focus of my anxiety rapidly change, in my personal experience it absolutely can. Any kind of change in my body triggers a new theme, all though generally I have reoccurant themes.

Have you looked into coping strategies for panic attacks?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
for me when i get stuff like that i just triggered my anxiety so i have an anxiety attack also known as panic attack

but if this is a not a normal thing for you i would speak to a doctor and a professional and work from there
sunny225
Rep:
?
(Original post by glassalice)
Is this 'just' health anxiety or am I really ill ~Said every health anxiety sufferer.

In answer to can the focus of my anxiety rapidly change, in my personal experience it absolutely can. Any kind of change in my body triggers a new theme, all though generally I have reoccurant themes.

Have you looked into coping strategies for panic attacks?
thanks for the reply! I’m feeling a bit better now and no I haven’t but I probably should
sunny225
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
for me when i get stuff like that i just triggered my anxiety so i have an anxiety attack also known as panic attack

but if this is a not a normal thing for you i would speak to a doctor and a professional and work from there
thanks for the reply
sunny225
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
Yes anxiety can cause all those symptoms and they can be different each time. In fact stomach problems and problems with breathing are classic symptoms of stress. I don't know if you have ever tried counselling but it sounds like it would be good for you to talk to someone about your anxieties so I would make an appointment with your doctor to explain how you are feeling and they will be able to refer you.
thanks for the reply! and yes I think I will do that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (59)
4.57%
Uncertainty around my education (199)
15.43%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (143)
11.09%
Lack of purpose or motivation (183)
14.19%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (58)
4.5%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (72)
5.58%
Loneliness (114)
8.84%
Financial worries (45)
3.49%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (59)
4.57%
Exposure to negative news/social media (59)
4.57%
Lack of real life entertainment (68)
5.27%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (113)
8.76%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (118)
9.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise