Tokari
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I didn't get the grades I wanted so I went to a university I didn't really wanted to go to, I'm currently doing a foundation year, I would like to transfer to another university next year, how would I do so ? Do I apply through clearing or what ?
Emir_0808
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you’re only doing a foundation in that uni then you can, but if you’re doing a course with foundation then I don’t know. I think you can since you haven’t started the actual course and as long as you are meeting the entry requirements for that specific university.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tokari)
So I didn't get the grades I wanted so I went to a university I didn't really wanted to go to, I'm currently doing a foundation year, I would like to transfer to another university next year, how would I do so ? Do I apply through clearing or what ?
If you want to move elsewhere then apply through ucas ASAP. Universities aren’t likely to have time in clearing to properly assess whether your current foundation year is suitable preparation for their degrees. Ideally you would have applied before the January deadline but with that missed you should apply asap to maximise your chances.
Tokari
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by PQ)
If you want to move elsewhere then apply through ucas ASAP. Universities aren’t likely to have time in clearing to properly assess whether your current foundation year is suitable preparation for their degrees. Ideally you would have applied before the January deadline but with that missed you should apply asap to maximise your chances.
Ok thank you ! One more thing and this might sound extremely stupid but I'm not sure how to apply for it through ucas.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tokari)
Ok thank you ! One more thing and this might sound extremely stupid but I'm not sure how to apply for it through ucas.
Go to UCAS and click on the apply/track link and then select Apply 2021. Register and then fill in all your details including full education history and a new PS and you’ll need to ask your tutor to provide a reference
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just be aware that Universities usually only accept UK students doing Foundation courses from parallel Universities - ie. you usually can't trade up to an RG from a 'lower' University. There is no national standard for any Foundation courses, and each course is designed as a Year 0 for that specific University's degree, and not as a 'universal' qualification for entry to any other University.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (147)
4.89%
Uncertainty around my education (443)
14.73%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (338)
11.24%
Lack of purpose or motivation (419)
13.93%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (140)
4.66%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (181)
6.02%
Loneliness (258)
8.58%
Financial worries (109)
3.62%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (123)
4.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (136)
4.52%
Lack of real life entertainment (163)
5.42%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (266)
8.85%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (284)
9.44%

Watched Threads