The Student Room Group

Really worried about uni

Hey guys :smile:
I’ll try and keep this short!
So I started uni in September, it’s a foundation year for criminology. When January came, I had coronavirus for just over a month, I did send my university evidence of it. Just after February, my grandma and my aunty passed away within a space of a week, and just 3 days ago my grandad passed :frown:
I have missed a few assignment deadlines and even though I am wanting to continue with finishing this year off, my course leader has advised me that I should take the rest of the year off due to being behind and to just restart the course in September.
However
Even though I missed referral deadlines, I am still adamant of finishing this year off regardless if I pass or not as even though my circumstances have been really ****, I still want to finish the year. I also need the student finance to pay my final rent installment off due to living in private student halls, and don’t want the hassle of being in debt.
My student progression officer at uni has advised me that we will have a meeting on Monday with the course leader and see what support plan they can put in place for me and see what assignments I have missed out on.
My question is;
- Do I have to take the authorized leave of study as I don’t want to? I’m willing to stay on until the course finishes. Even if I don’t pass I’m still willing to do my assignments and try my best to attend lectures etc
They haven’t said anything about withdrawing me from the course however I know u had referral work to do however due to the circumstances at the time, I couldn’t finish them. But behind the scenes I have been catching up on every missed seminar online, and the whole reason I reached out to my progression officer was because I knew this would impact my studies and purely reached out because I want to finish the year off and keep my student finance in place.
I’m really really nervous for the meeting on Monday but surely I’ll be able to stay on the course right?
I’m really paranoid right now :frown:
Bump

Quick Reply

Latest