AK.11
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JoshWalters)
Yep same im guessing we will be getting the forms soon then
did they ask to check your grades too?
JoshWalters
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AK.11)
Nah mate this is what the email said:

Dear Medicine Applicant,

This email is to confirm that we have received your application for Medicine at the University of Sunderland.

We are working on assessing all applications received and we will be in touch shortly.

Kind Regards.
Student Administration.
University of Sunderland
JoshWalters
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AK.11)
What did your email say if you don't mind me asking?
AK.11
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
What did your email say if you don't mind me asking?
I received an email asking me to confirm my subject grades and then a short while after I received a confirmation email (the one you just said).
JoshWalters
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AK.11)
I received an email asking me to confirm my subject grades and then a short while after I received a confirmation email (the one you just said).
Oh, that's weird I didn't get that email... Did anyone else get that email?
JoshWalters
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Does anyone know if Shadowing doctors in hospitals is valid for this year as one of the roles?
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Does anyone know if Shadowing doctors in hospitals is valid for this year as one of the roles?
Not seen this year's guidance, but Keele have said this for many years, and as shadowing had been more difficult to come by during the pandemic, I do not see them valuing it more:
"Although shadowing and observation may be useful in understanding the roles of a doctor, we will not give credit for it in assessing the R+R form. In the space provided make sure you tell us some of the things you actually did and reflect on how you demonstrated the attributes required of a doctor, keeping in mind the values described in the NHS Constitution. You will not be credited for anything you watched somebody else do: only for things you did yourself. Please do not exaggerate your role, e.g. by stating that you performed or assisted with medical procedures while unqualified. Any suggestion that you acted beyond legally permissible limits may be investigated for potential safeguarding issues. This will be deleterious to your application and may result in significant problems for the organisation that hosted you for this experience."
JoshWalters
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
Not seen this year's guidance, but Keele have said this for many years, and as shadowing had been more difficult to come by during the pandemic, I do not see them valuing it more:
"Although shadowing and observation may be useful in understanding the roles of a doctor, we will not give credit for it in assessing the R+R form. In the space provided make sure you tell us some of the things you actually did and reflect on how you demonstrated the attributes required of a doctor, keeping in mind the values described in the NHS Constitution. You will not be credited for anything you watched somebody else do: only for things you did yourself. Please do not exaggerate your role, e.g. by stating that you performed or assisted with medical procedures while unqualified. Any suggestion that you acted beyond legally permissible limits may be investigated for potential safeguarding issues. This will be deleterious to your application and may result in significant problems for the organisation that hosted you for this experience."
Ahh I see thank you! so out of curiosity what would they expect of you as I'm confused haha? I have done shadowing and managed to talk to a lot of patients and learnt a lot about palliative care but it's all useless?:confused:

I will give you a PM about the other things I have done and check if they are eligible lool
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Ahh I see thank you! so out of curiosity what would they expect of you as I'm confused haha? I have done shadowing and managed to talk to a lot of patients and learnt a lot about palliative care but it's all useless?:confused:

I will give you a PM about the other things I have done and check if they are eligible lool
As far as I know, Sunderland use the same criteria as Keele, so have a read here
https://www.keele.ac.uk/media/k-web/...otes%20(1).pdf
JoshWalters
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I just got my form everybody
walabbg
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
how do you fill out the form in a way that you can be considered for an interview
Cool2525
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I just got my form everybody
same!
JoshWalters
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Is anyone going to do the Casper test lol?
Laynz1
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Good question ... how do you fill in
JoshWalters
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Laynz1)
Good question ... how do you fill in
Huh?
Laynz1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Sorry the r and r form
ycvg
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I haven’t got my R and R form yet :/
Laynz1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Me neither
JoshWalters
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ycvg)
I haven’t got my R and R form yet :/
(Original post by Laynz1)
Me neither
Did you guys not get the email??
Laynz1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
No ... what does the email say? Nope I havnt
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (10)
10.99%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (1)
1.1%
Finding the time to revise (7)
7.69%
Finding the motivation (22)
24.18%
Getting distracted (14)
15.38%
Procrastination (36)
39.56%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.1%

Watched Threads