ACCESS course: 3 months left and 4 assignments. Is it doable?

Watch
lyonbabe
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I have the placement unit to complete which is a headache in itself, 2 health units, and a 6 credit biology assignment. As well as a gcse math mock exam to prepare for. Is it possible to finish all this?
NatS86
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I have a maths exam on Monday, and am finishing a DNA poster which will be viewed and have questions asked during a symposium, and then after that I have EIGHT more assignments left until the end of my access course. I don't see me having an issue completing them all. So 4 should be a doddle. 👍
lyonbabe
Rep:
?
(Original post by NatS86)
I have a maths exam on Monday, and am finishing a DNA poster which will be viewed and have questions asked during a symposium, and then after that I have EIGHT more assignments left until the end of my access course. I don't see me having an issue completing them all. So 4 should be a doddle. 👍
How long do you have to complete those? When does your course end?
Kabzzzy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I just handed in 2 assignments on Friday, and I have a viva and exam on Monday. Still got 5 new modules to come. And we finish around June/July. Of course it's possible. I think at this stage most people are used to the workload, so not sure what advice to give unless you be more specific.
NatS86
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by lyonbabe)
How long do you have to complete those? When does your course end?
3 months. My course ends in June
lyonbabe
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kabzzzy)
I just handed in 2 assignments on Friday, and I have a viva and exam on Monday. Still got 5 new modules to come. And we finish around June/July. Of course it's possible. I think at this stage most people are used to the workload, so not sure what advice to give unless you be more specific.
My course ends in May just need to know how much u should do each day to get it all done
Kabzzzy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by lyonbabe)
My course ends in May just need to know how much u should do each day to get it all done
For my course they said around 15 - 20h of independent study. I'm still working part time and volunteering, so I don't always work daily. In those cases I'll do larger chunks of study and take short breaks throughout. And it's also nice to have at least Saturday or Sunday to do nothing!!

That's for Access to Medicine, not sure what the recommended hours would be for other courses but I'd imagine something similar. Are your assignments all very large ones if you only have 4 left? We usually have 3-4 assessments per module, which will involve exams, vivas, essays, report writing, research etc etc. And we have 14 graded modules in total (+5 ungraded study skills).
lyonbabe
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kabzzzy)
For my course they said around 15 - 20h of independent study. I'm still working part time and volunteering, so I don't always work daily. In those cases I'll do larger chunks of study and take short breaks throughout. And it's also nice to have at least Saturday or Sunday to do nothing!!

That's for Access to Medicine, not sure what the recommended hours would be for other courses but I'd imagine something similar. Are your assignments all very large ones if you only have 4 left? We usually have 3-4 assessments per module, which will involve exams, vivas, essays, report writing, research etc etc. And we have 14 graded modules in total (+5 ungraded study skills).
Yeah just one 6 credit assignment, the other are 3s but they are equally demanding. I also work pt and used to volunteer 3x a week but now i need to find placement to do this last assignment. I know its doable, but in the amount of time I have o really don't know.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (99)
39.6%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (29)
11.6%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.2%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
22.8%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.8%

Watched Threads