username5624856
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by studentLuna)
I’m not fully sure about this yet - but from what I understand doing the Sutton trust and PARTNERS are quite similar they both lower entry requirements if you successfully complete the programs and help with application process. I have a friend and she did pathways to medicine and also applied through PARTNERS this year as apparently they get put together in one bracket as contextual applicants?? The Sutton trust summer school is this year whilst the PARTNERS is next year right so it shouldn’t be a problem right?
I’m so confused myself 😬
is sutton trust online this year? also i dont think i meet the requiremnets because I used to go to private scool but moved to a state sixth form.
studentLuna
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lalisa1)
is sutton trust online this year? also i dont think i meet the requiremnets because I used to go to private scool but moved to a state sixth form.
Yes all sessions so far have been online but the summer school (fingers crossed) should be in person.

Ah - have a through check on the PARTNERS website I think even ticking two conditions makes you eligible? Not fully sure though 😅.
MastaMasta103
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
it seems like theres a lot of partneres rejections.
sorry but how did you know they were partners applicants?
MastaMasta103
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
i dont i just feel that applicants through normal route are given more spaces
I may not fully understand why you called them partners rejections but thanks!
RA:)
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
i dont i just feel that applicants through normal route are given more spaces
At NCL that isn’t the case. They’ve stated many times that there is no cap to how many PARTNERS applicants they can accept onto the course.
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
it seems like theres a lot of partneres rejections.
Another reminder not to post in the 2021 applicants' thread to avoid taking it off-topic!
ecolier
Rep:
?
dont worry ecolier im talking about 2021 applicants : )
The thing is, I have found that your "commentary" isn't particularly helpful.

e.g. "it seems like theres a lot of partneres rejections."

Just leave the 2021 applicants to talk amongst themselves. There's a reason that we don't like 2022 applicants in the 2021 threads.
Last edited by ecolier; 2 weeks ago
MastaMasta103
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
wait how did i end up in the 2022 thread sorry about that
ecolier
Rep:
?
(Original post by MastaMasta103)
wait how did i end up in the 2022 thread sorry about that
DW it was because you replied to @Lalisa1's post.
username5624856
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ecolier)
sorry about that ecolier my friend has been on here also so sorry for that confusion im not a newcastle applicant
MastaMasta103
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
ah lmao ok
username5624856
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
how do i delet my account i think its confusing peopel because somehow im in loads of other threads
ecolier
Rep:
?
how do i delet my account i think its confusing peopel because somehow im in loads of other threads
No you're not confusing - I am sorting it out for you
username5624856
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No you're not confusing - I am sorting it out for you
thank you really sorry for my friends unrelated comments on partners offer i think shes just really worried.
Rose blink
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
oh hii this thread is really useful cuz im gonna need loads of advice on applying for med. is the bmat harder than ucat?
studentLuna
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Rose blink)
oh hii this thread is really useful cuz im gonna need loads of advice on applying for med. is the bmat harder than ucat?
just a small overview:
I think it depends on yourself tbh. If you are very strong in academics I would think the BMAT would be easier for you as it's more scientific knowledge related and actually has a specification that you can use to revise. So it's more like an exam you would do in school (pen & paper) and uses GCSE sciences knowledge whilst the UCAT is more like an aptitude test that you can't specifically revise the content for but more of the question type and how to answer whilst being under high time pressure (online desktop). Hope this helps.
Rose blink
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by studentLuna)
just a small overview:
I think it depends on yourself tbh. If you are very strong in academics I would think the BMAT would be easier for you as it's more scientific knowledge related and actually has a specification that you can use to revise. So it's more like an exam you would do in school (pen & paper) and uses GCSE sciences knowledge whilst the UCAT is more like an aptitude test that you can't specifically revise the content for but more of the question type and how to answer whilst being under high time pressure (online desktop). Hope this helps.
graet thank you so much. also what do u guys think about taking ucat in end of july cuz everyone i asked is taking it like august/september?
studentLuna
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Rose blink)
graet thank you so much. also what do u guys think about taking ucat in end of july cuz everyone i asked is taking it like august/september?
Summer holidays start middle of July for me so I’m hesitant in taking it at the end of July as I want some intense preparation the week leading up to it. I’m thinking about taking it mid August too.
euphoriagranger
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
just wanted to pop on and say hi ... hi im very interested in applying to newcastle for a100 and perhaps biomed too next year under the partners scheme
just wondering what prep have we done for our applications overall
like ucat,volunteering wex just to see where others are
e.g
studentLuna
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by euphoriagranger)
just wanted to pop on and say hi ... hi im very interested in applying to newcastle for a100 and perhaps biomed too next year under the partners scheme
just wondering what prep have we done for our applications overall
like ucat,volunteering wex just to see where others are
e.g
I’ve done few virtual work experiences online and medicine programmes online. Volunteering wise not much that relates to medicine directly but I have some long term ones that I can reflect on. I’ve started looking at UCAT questions to get a good understanding of the style and how to answer the questions using the book. But remember it’s not how much/little you but what you actually learnt from it and if you can reflect well on it! Hope that helps.
Last edited by studentLuna; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (189)
5.04%
Uncertainty around my education (550)
14.67%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (419)
11.18%
Lack of purpose or motivation (516)
13.76%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (187)
4.99%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (223)
5.95%
Loneliness (315)
8.4%
Financial worries (138)
3.68%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (145)
3.87%
Exposure to negative news/social media (168)
4.48%
Lack of real life entertainment (213)
5.68%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (334)
8.91%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (352)
9.39%

Watched Threads