How can i change my University course after the UCAS deadline?

Watch
zakiyyah786
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi,
I want to change my university course completely and re apply for this years entry into a different course, but slight problem- i’m way past the UCAS deadline in Jan and ive already submitted my UCAS Application for the course i initially wanted to do

How can I still do it? that is of course if the universities i want to apply for (for my new course) are still accepting applicants and get back to my emails.

Will I have to reject my current offers ?
Will I have to withdraw my application completely and start again whilst applying to my chosen universities ?
aspalax
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi! You can do that but you'll have to apply through clearing.
https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/r...-clearing-plus

You'll have to withdraw your current offers yes.
zakiyyah786
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by aspalax)
Hi! You can do that but you'll have to apply through clearing.
https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/r...-clearing-plus

You'll have to withdraw your current offers yes.
thanks for getting back to me, is clearing my only option?
aspalax
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
i believe so :/ if you havent picked all 5 options you might be able to choose those recreactively but im not sure about that- if its past the deadline its unlikely.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by zakiyyah786)
thanks for getting back to me, is clearing my only option?
No it isn’t

If you decline your current offers and withdraw from any outstanding choices (do not withdraw completely from ucas. You won’t be allowed a second application this cycle now) then you can add a new choice using ucas extra.
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
UCAS Extra info here : https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/a.../extra-choices

This means you would have to decline all your current choices, and you cannot get them back. So be certain about this before you do anything. Phone some Unis to check the course you want to apply for in Extra is still open and accepting applications before you do anything.
ageshallnot
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by zakiyyah786)
Hi,
I want to change my university course completely and re apply for this years entry into a different course, but slight problem- i’m way past the UCAS deadline in Jan and ive already submitted my UCAS Application for the course i initially wanted to do

How can I still do it? that is of course if the universities i want to apply for (for my new course) are still accepting applicants and get back to my emails.

Will I have to reject my current offers ?
Will I have to withdraw my application completely and start again whilst applying to my chosen universities ?
Do the universities you have applied to offer your new course?
redoubtable
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Is it a completely different course? Because I wanted to change from doing single to joint honours and I just contacted the unis I applied to individually and they were happy to make the change for me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (77)
29.39%
No (185)
70.61%

Watched Threads