Coquito
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by BelPhD)
Hey everyone! For those who have applied for this year, does anyone know when we will find out if we have been shortlisted for interview?

Also, does anyone know the dates interviews will be held this year (is it confirmed as the 16th-17th of December yet), and if they are in person or online?

Thanks!
I think it is supposed to be the first week of December or at least that's when people heard back last year. On the course website, it has been confirmed that interviews will be held online. Hope this helps
BelPhD
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Coquito)
I think it is supposed to be the first week of December or at least that's when people heard back last year. On the course website, it has been confirmed that interviews will be held online. Hope this helps
Thanks so much! I ended up emailing Oxford and they sent me the following response ' We will be contacting applicants on the evening of Friday 26 November (ie. at the end of this week) to inform them about shortlisting and we will then contact shortlisted applicants again early next week with details of the two interviewing colleges.'

Thanks for replying though!
Last edited by BelPhD; 2 weeks ago
Coquito
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by BelPhD)
Thanks so much! I ended up emailing Oxford and they sent me the following response ' We will be contacting applicants on the evening of Friday 26 November (ie. at the end of this week) to inform them about shortlisting and we will then contact shortlisted applicants again early next week with details of the two interviewing colleges.'

Thanks for replying though!
No worries, thanks for the update! That is so soon, not ready for this :woo:
Invective
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I haven't heard anything from Ox but based on my BMAT score; it's all over before it has even begun. Best of luck, everyone!
healyo2
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Invective)
I haven't heard anything from Ox but based on my BMAT score; it's all over before it has even begun. Best of luck, everyone!
Hey, sorry to hear that. What score are you ruling yourself out on? I think its less black and white than the average Ox BMAT score for last years class would have you think
Invective
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by healyo2)
Hey, sorry to hear that. What score are you ruling yourself out on? I think its less black and white than the average Ox BMAT score for last years class would have you think
4.6 4.4 3A, this is very average, if anything below-average for A100. For GEM? I highly doubt it since the competition has sky-rocketed since COVID, but people have been admitted with lower, so I still have faith + my other stats are strong.

Crossing my fingers that they considered the E.C. form I sent since it took 5+ hours to start, among many other mid-exam issues that cut my time.
Sasha199910
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
So we’ll be emailed tonight about shortlisting or not? That’s terrifying lol
Sasha199910
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Some sixth formers are getting really good BMAT results damn
Invective
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Sasha199910)
Some sixth formers are getting really good BMAT results damn
yeah, I've been scoping the mega-thread and seeing some crazy scores. I can only imagine what the rest of the grads are getting. How did you do?

About to go hit the gym and forget about this :dumbells:
healyo2
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
4.6 4.4 3A, this is very average, if anything below-average for A100. For GEM? I highly doubt it since the competition has sky-rocketed since COVID, but people have been admitted with lower, so I still have faith + my other stats are strong.

Crossing my fingers that they considered the E.C. form I sent since it took 5+ hours to start, among many other mid-exam issues that cut my time.
I got very similar results to you. I sat it last year and got 4.4 and 5.5 with an interview at Magdalen. Thought I actually did much better this year but I obviously didn't. I know last years test was a mess with COVID which I am sure skewed the distribution. I feel this year the average will be less. All that being said I know of a lot of cases where people got in with poor scores.
Invective
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I got very similar results to you. I sat it last year and got 4.4 and 5.5 with an interview at Magdalen. Thought I actually did much better this year but I obviously didn't. I know last years test was a mess with COVID which I am sure skewed the distribution. I feel this year the average will be less. All that being said I know of a lot of cases where people got in with poor scores.
Do you mind if I ask what your stats are currently?
healyo2
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Do you mind if I ask what your stats are currently?
Yea I got, 4.6, 4.7, and a 3.5 A. If its of any interest to anyone on here who is looking for a comparison to last year I did some percentile comparisons to last year's distribution and scores. Assuming all things equal (and they definitely are not) my score this year of 4.6 and 4.7 put me in the 66th and 59th percentiles (even though I shouldn't) let's call this an average percentile of 62.5. My score last year of 4.4 and 5.5 put me in the 47th and 76th percecntiles and let's call this an average percentile of 61. So while I got a score of 0.6 less this year I was actually at a higher average percentile than the year before. Hopefully that means that the average score for Oxford A101 will be less? Now math is not my strong point (guess where Is struggled on S2) and I am really just doing this to pass the time till we get interview emails, please point out flaws in the above reasoning if you see it. I guess my main point is that last years exam was really, really weird and I wouldn't get too worried.
healyo2
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Yea I got, 4.6, 4.7, and a 3.5 A. If its of any interest to anyone on here who is looking for a comparison to last year I did some percentile comparisons to last year's distribution and scores. Assuming all things equal (and they definitely are not) my score this year of 4.6 and 4.7 put me in the 66th and 59th percentiles (even though I shouldn't) let's call this an average percentile of 62.5. My score last year of 4.4 and 5.5 put me in the 47th and 76th percecntiles and let's call this an average percentile of 61. So while I got a score of 0.6 less this year I was actually at a higher average percentile than the year before. Hopefully that means that the average score for Oxford A101 will be less? Now math is not my strong point (guess where Is struggled on S2) and I am really just doing this to pass the time till we get interview emails, please point out flaws in the above reasoning if you see it. I guess my main point is that last years exam was really, really weird and I wouldn't get too worried.
I will saw that there was a lot more right skewness for S2 last year and it seems to be more evenly distributed this year. I would say that that inflated the scores of successful candidates. Anyways best of luck everyone and here's to hoping for some positive Friday evening emails.
KMaisey
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I got 5, 5 4, 3A.

Definitely not a safe score, but I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed. This is tense.

Good luck everyone!
Keels25
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Just so you guys know, I applied in the 2019/2020 cycle and didn’t get the email until like 4.50pm so don’t be surprised if you don’t hear anything until quite late in the day. Good luck everyone
healyo2
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Anybody apply to Cambridge as an affiliate?
sunflower_97
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
A bit disappointed especially with the exam starting nearly 4 hours late and the tech difficulties where my screen froze multiple times. I ended up getting 5.7, 3.6 and 3A this year whereas last year I got 5.7, 5.7 and 3.5A. Oh well. Good luck, everyone! Hope you hear good news this evening
Sasha199910
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
yeah, I've been scoping the mega-thread and seeing some crazy scores. I can only imagine what the rest of the grads are getting. How did you do?

About to go hit the gym and forget about this :dumbells:
6.2, 5.4, 4.0A. You?
Neuro Alex
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Good luck guys. If today (a week earlier than usual I add!) expect emails at around 5pm on the dot - pretty sure admin team just want to send and switch off the computers for the weekend!

Grads generally score lower on the BMAT than undergrads - after all we've been out of the game for a while on AS level physics etc. Whilst scores were higher last year, far more weighting is given to the application as a whole. If anything, BMATs may be more of a factor for offers post interview!
history+politics
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Do invitations to interview continue over the weekend?
Last edited by history+politics; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (10)
10.64%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (1)
1.06%
Finding the time to revise (7)
7.45%
Finding the motivation (24)
25.53%
Getting distracted (14)
14.89%
Procrastination (37)
39.36%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.06%

Watched Threads