A101 GEM University of Oxford 2022

Watch
Neuro Alex
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Neuro Alex)
Good luck guys. If today (a week earlier than usual I add!) expect emails at around 5pm on the dot - pretty sure admin team just want to send and switch off the computers for the weekend!

Grads generally score lower on the BMAT than undergrads - after all we've been out of the game for a while on AS level physics etc. Whilst scores were higher last year, far more weighting is given to the application as a whole. If anything, BMATs may be more of a factor for offers post interview!
ps. On a less positive note. I have had a barrage (talking 10-15 separate user DM's including several from this thread) asking inappropriate questions specifically about previous interview questions, interviewers and earlier on in the cycle asking me exactly what to write in the SAQs. I am happy to offer general advice but everyone should know the rules and so I will continue to ignore these kinds of requests.
Keels25
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by history+politics)
Do invitations to interview continue over the weekend?
They didn’t in the 2019/2020 cycle. I think they aim to send all emails out at once.
Invective
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sasha199910)
6.2, 5.4, 4.0A. You?
Oh no! I seem to have forgotten!

Spoiler:
Show
4.6, 4.4, 3A I said it earlier and just want to forget about it completely :borat:
I just hope they consider how much scuffed this year was and I'm praying they acknowledge the E.C. form I submitted that covers the 5+ minutes I lost due to technical difficulties and the 5+ hours it took the begin the exam.
KMaisey
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Has anyone received an email from them yet today?
amm2929
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by KMaisey)
Has anyone received an email from them yet today?
Not yet :L
luna-l
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
No email yet
KMaisey
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
This is not a fun wait.
shania.sad
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Has anyone received anything?
Sasha199910
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Do we hear if we’re not shortlisted?
Kmur
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I also have not heard anything yet but I did get a reply from admissions earlier today saying they'd endeavour to contact shortlisted candidates today late afternoon/early eve. I was thinking they might be delayed as there's a lot to talk about with the BMAT debacle.
Not sure if they will also contact non-shortlisted applicants at the same time.
Hope I've done enough
shania.sad
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kmur)
I also have not heard anything yet but I did get a reply from admissions earlier today saying they'd endeavour to contact shortlisted candidates today late afternoon/early eve. I was thinking they might be delayed as there's a lot to talk about with the BMAT debacle.
Not sure if they will also contact non-shortlisted applicants at the same time.
Hope I've done enough
Do they usually contact everyone at the same time?
Kmur
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by shania.sad)
Do they usually contact everyone at the same time?
I honestly have no idea, I would imagine they prioritise contacting shortlisted candidates and then would maybe keep some people in reserve who they don't contact?? No idea to be honest. I'm hoping people will post on here if they hear something..
asclepeion
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kmur)
I honestly have no idea, I would imagine they prioritise contacting shortlisted candidates and then would maybe keep some people in reserve who they don't contact?? No idea to be honest. I'm hoping people will post on here if they hear something..
I don't think Oxford reserve some people to contact for shortlisting later, they have normally shortlist about 80-90 candidates and then they offer about ~35 for 30 places. So there's not really any reason to keep candidates on reserve and shortlist later because they still have to cut down the shortlist to offer holders anyway after interview?
KMaisey
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Shortlisting being finalised on Monday apparently. Man my heart raced when I saw an email from them!
KMaisey
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Good luck everyone today! 🤞
Invective
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Best of luck everyone!!
Sasha199910
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Invective)
Best of luck everyone!!
You too!
Kmur
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Would people mind updating if they receive an email? Just so those of us know when they've gone out
Sasha199910
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kmur)
Would people mind updating if they receive an email? Just so those of us know when they've gone out
Agreed. Although they did say 'hope to' send out communication this evening so it's not unlikely we hear nothing tonight.
luna-l
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I haven’t heard anything yet, has anyone?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (18)
7.29%
October 2021 (117)
47.37%
November 2021 (25)
10.12%
December 2021 (32)
12.96%
January 2021 (21)
8.5%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (26)
10.53%